Do you know if your employer checked your college record?

E equals MC2

Banned
Apr 16, 2006
They were very particular about contacting all of my references but I don't think they even bothered to check my school to see if I went there or not.

That's because I technically haven't graduated yet. I still had to finish one more course from getting my diploma.

They didn't say a beep about that situation and gave me a job offer. 8 months later, I was promoted.

...the... hell? This is one of the market leader in telecom too. I finished my degree about a year into my work.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I know my employer checks to at least see that you do have the degree you have. The guy I replaced was fired for lying about having a college degree.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
joint: provide with a joint; "the carpenter jointed two pieces of wood"
give voice: put into words or an expression; "He formulated his concerns to the board of trustees"
expressing yourself easily or characterized by clear expressive language; "articulate speech"; "an articulate orator"; "articulate beings"
pronounce: speak, pronounce, or utter in a certain way; "She pronounces French words in a funny way"; "I cannot say `zip wire'"; "Can the child sound out this complicated word?"
express or state clearly
articulated: consisting of segments held together by joints

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
I had one employer even call my HS to make sure I was being truthful (to which I had to eat crow. :eek:)

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
My fiancee's friend lied to a company interviewing her about finishing school. She had one class left. They had initially offered her a job, found out about the school situation, and yanked the offer.

mh47g

May 25, 2007
Originally posted by: tfinch2
My fiancee's friend lied to a company interviewing her about finishing school. She had one class left. They had initially offered her a job, found out about the school situation, and yanked the offer.

Good.

E equals MC2

Banned
Apr 16, 2006
Originally posted by: BlahBlahYouToo
no, but i'm sure they check ATOT to see if you've created multiple accounts if your name is Boram, or Andy.

what the fvck is your problem, you lil shit? you think you're the shit because you know my name from my facebook link I posted?

you've been trollin' your ass on every one of my threads, I've been ignoring your sorry ass but looks like you need to get a life. I'm surprised you manage to hold a vendetta against someone on internet.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
I had to give a sealed transcript as part of the application process so yes mine did.

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I had a pretty extensive background check that included criminal, financial, and educational verification.

Jul 10, 2007
Originally posted by: E equals MC2
Originally posted by: BlahBlahYouToo
no, but i'm sure they check ATOT to see if you've created multiple accounts if your name is Boram, or Andy.

what the fvck is your problem, you lil shit? you think you're the shit because you know my name from my facebook link I posted?

you've been trollin' your ass on every one of my threads, I've been ignoring your sorry ass but looks like you need to get a life. I'm surprised you manage to hold a vendetta against someone on internet.

lol! (yourface) ;)

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
My company let go an employee of 3 years after it was found out he lied about having a University Degree on his Resume.