Do you know cables?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I have two things, a printer and headphone amp, that both seem to use a USB to USB-C cable. I've swapped the one cable I have back and forth.

For a year, I've put off buying a second cable, between all the 'make sure I get the right cable' type of issues. I saw one but it said 'charging cable' so who knows if it'd be a good pick etc.

So if people know these cables, with all the 'full featured' and other things, can someone just suggest a specific one, for good function/quality/price? Amazon (bleh) or monoprice or something else.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Never seen an USB-C until I looked it up. But cables are cheap.

220px-USB_Type-C_icon.svg.png

Feb 25, 2011
Monoprice is great in general. But since they charge shipping I tend to use them only for stuff they have way cheaper than anybody else. (Microphone cables and long Ethernet patch cables )

For USB-A to USB-C cables (to charge my cell phone) I bought a couple packs on Amazon at 3/$10 and they work great. They handle fast charging without issue.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Monoprice is great in general. But since they charge shipping I tend to use them only for stuff they have way cheaper than anybody else. (Microphone cables and long Ethernet patch cables )

For USB-A to USB-C cables (to charge my cell phone) I bought a couple packs on Amazon at 3/$10 and they work great. They handle fast charging without issue.

OK but again I need them for data, not charging. Not sure if cables good for charging are also the best for data.

Feb 25, 2011
OK but again I need them for data, not charging. Not sure if cables good for charging are also the best for data.

They work fine for that too.

They either work or they don't - intermittent failures are extraordinarily rare.

HutchinsonJC

Apr 15, 2007
It's actually not as simple as "they work or they don't". Charging cables do actually sometimes come with literally only a positive/negative lead for charging only. I don't know that they are all that prevalent, but I personally have seen charging cables with a literal *charge only capability*

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Never seen any Type C charge only cable. Even my 10ft a buck each Type C are data cables.