Do you know anyone who is married but acts like they are single?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: TallBill
Uh, I'm married and have danced with women at bars with and without my wife being there. Whats wrong with dancing?¿?

ZOMG! Fornicator! *points*

;)

ValkyrieofHouston

Golden Member
Sep 26, 2005
Yea, same here. Most of the people I know or have known, settled down once they got married and had kids.

It's ok to go out once in awhile with your friends. As a married couple you have to have a little social life and balance that with family life.

Although, if you are spending more time with your social life/work instead of with your family then thats a problem and I see that as being selfish.

Night Blade

Oct 9, 1999
We fit into the occasional category, we'll head out once in awile to a bar/club, but never by ourselves, it can & is fun actually.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
I know some people at work who are 35 - 45 years old, married, and with kids. They still go "clubbing" on a regular basis.

Ironically, my wife and I were just talking about it a few days ago. I think of those guys and think it's a little sad. I don't know exactly why, but it's almost like they're trying too hard to cling to their youth.

But hey, if it works for them and their families then whatever.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Geez...my wife and I haven't been out on a "date" since X-Men 3 came out. I think we went out to dinner a couple of months before that. Between that time and the time my wife was pregnant with our now 11-month old, I can't think of a time when we went out as just the two of us.

We feel like bad parents/friends when we try to dump our kids on someone else.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
People that get married too young do this. It usually ends ugly.

You have to get all that stuff out of your system BEFORE you're married. If you're in your 30's are still need to go out 3-4 days a week, there's a problem.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Fritzo

You have to get all that stuff out of your system BEFORE you're married. If you're in your 30's are still need to go out 3-4 days a week, there's a problem.

I agree.

One of the aforementioned guys was married at 18.

Honestly, one of the guys is 40 and single, and it's STILL creepy that he goes clubbing.

Grow up DEWD!

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Gnrslash4life
So when your married you cant go out with your friends?

It is different when kids are involved. Going out almost every night when you have kids seems like overkill....what are the kids doing? How much time do the kids get to spend with the parents?

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
Ditching your wife and kids to hang out with friends means you got married too young and divorce is in your future. I like my wife and kids, I only get away now and then to hit Fry's or play games online. I would never go to a club and act singe, that's sad.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Gnrslash4life
So when your married you cant go out with your friends?

Sure you can, but if you're doing it more than being with your wife, what's the point of being married?

Most people go clubbing, to hook up. If you're married and still going into that environment, what do you think is going to eventually happen (especially when alcohol is involved)?

desertdweller

Jan 6, 2001

Thats BS. My wife and I have been together for almost twelve years; since she was 18 and I was 20. We have always and will always be social people. We go out all the time and guess what, we have a stronger marriage than any one I know. I always hear people talking about "Loosing the spark" and then they mention that all they really do is go to work, go home and occassionally take a vacation. Then they can't figure out what is wrong. I always find it amazing that they can live a life so boring just because they got married.

Just because you're married doesn't mean you can't enjoy a rich social life with your spouse.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: desertdweller

Thats BS. My wife and I have been together for almost twelve years; since she was 18 and I was 20. We have always and will always be social people. We go out all the time and guess what, we have a stronger marriage than any one I know. I always hear people talking about "Loosing the spark" and then they mention that all they really do is go to work, go home and occassionally take a vacation. Then they can't figure out what is wrong. I always find it amazing that they can live a life so boring just because they got married.

Just because you're married doesn't mean you can't enjoy a rich social life with your spouse.

OK, notice how you said "We" and "with your spouse". The people we're talking about here are more "I" and "without my spouse" people. They're the ones that come home, say "I'm going to the bar with Bob", come home at 3am, and then repeat a few times a week.

Anghang

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2001
Originally posted by: arcas
My situation is almost the complete opposite. All of my friends are either married or engaged and they've pretty much stopped hanging out altogether save for seasonal parties.

and birthdays

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: desertdweller

How many kids do you have?