Do you have any extremely religious people at your place of employment?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
We have a large denomination of USC football fans. These have been far worse than any other religous zealot I have worked with.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Closest I had was a Jesus addict in a philosophy class at a community college. She didn't even last a week in there. She just couldn't debate anything rationally. Her answers to everything, everything, everything, was Jesus, God, or the Bible. There were other religious people in the class, but they knew how to frame an argument, and make ones without referencing theology. This woman couldn't look any farther than where the Bible told her to look.

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Jfrag Teh Foul
Y'know... before the religion bash-fest gets going too quickly, I would like to input one ideal.

You don't believe, fine. That's your decision to make. Please, just respect other people's right to make decisions of their own... and then respect that decision.

Neither side gains from willfull, more often spiteful, indignation that is all too common.

Sure, you think they are morons for what they believe, but what is accomplished by complete disrespect?

Well...to believe in something is one thing, to make it known to everyone @ work what your beliefs are and have "mini-sermons" is another.

I'm not saying the religious people who have been brought up in this thread fall in that category but...work is not the place for religious banter...unless you work in a church (or mosque, synagogue, etc.) :D

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
I once worked with a Jehovah's witness who I almost had fired after he tried to hit me for saying I didn't believe in any religion. They literally didn't fire him because they thought that they would get sued over it.

The whole mess started when he literally called me stupid and started saying how I will burn in hell for eternity for not believing in God or whatever. I got really annoyed and told him to stfu and take that bullspit somewhere else. Then he swung at me...it was pretty lol.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
I've got the most messed up guy for you:

Evangelical Christian, United Steelworker (strong union affiliation), Flamboyantly Gay, Staunch Republican and Bush Supporter, Canadian.

:confused:

Trust me...I don't get it either.

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
Yes actually. He?s a full on Jesus lover. All I know is he doesn?t drink tea, coffee, or alcohol.

Poor, poor man.

reverend boltron

Nov 18, 2004
Originally posted by: amdhunter
I once worked with a Jehovah's witness who I almost had fired after he tried to hit me for saying I didn't believe in any religion. They literally didn't fire him because they thought that they would get sued over it.

The whole mess started when he literally called me stupid and started saying how I will burn in hell for eternity for not believing in God or whatever. I got really annoyed and told him to stfu and take that bullspit somewhere else. Then he swung at me...it was pretty lol.

I find that to be hard to believe. Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in hell, or hellfire. That is one of their attacks against mainstream Christianity, that and the fact that they don't believe in the Trinity, and also that they believe that Jesus was actually the archangel Michael, along with some other views. I am definitely not a Jehovah's Witness, though I do witness Jehovah.