Do you have an uncle/aunt who is younger than you or visa versa?

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Do you have an odd age situation in your family, like an uncle or aunt who is younger than you or are you older than your step-mom? Anything like that?

Is it weird or are you use to it? Anything interesting about it?

(I don't btw, but another thread made me think of this question.)

MotionMan

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Is it weird that the only families I have ever come across that have this situation are hispanic?

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
I have a cousin that's almost 50 (I'm 20) and her children are a couple of years older than me.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
Cousins are much easier to end up like that. Having it happen with uncles and aunts is much more interesting.

MotionMan

One of my uncles married a lady, then another one of my uncles who is a couple of years younger married that lady's Mom. That's kind of interesting D:

They're both divorced now :sneaky:

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
One of my uncles married a lady, then another one of my uncles who is a couple of years younger married that lady's Mom. That's kind of interesting D:

They're both divorced now :sneaky:

I knew a couple who met when their older siblings got married.

Both couples are still married. :awe:

MotionMan

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
i suppose the only oddity in my family is i have no children of my own, my wife has 2 (now adults) and her daughter has a kid...to sum it up, i'm 34 and have a step grandaughter. my wife is 9 yrs older than me. kinda odd to hear her try to say papaw or granpa and me not ever even having kids..or at least it feels odd to me but i duncare.

grrl

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
No, but I once dated a girl whose father's 5th wife was the same age as her.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Let's see. One of my mom's half sisters is only 3 years older than me but she married a guy that is one year younger than me. A long time ago my mom's father married a woman that was a few years younger than my mother and I ended up with two aunts that are about 10 years younger than me, maybe even younger. I have only seen them twice in my whole life.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Me personally...no. When I was growing up, my best friend had an uncle who was half his age. He ended up with several aunts/uncles older than him...two younger than him.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
My mom was the oldest of ten kids; I have an uncle that's four years older than me.
ditto for me, but on my dad's side.

my dad is the oldest of 5, and there's a huge age gap between my dad and the rest of his siblings. I think he was graduating college when the next-oldest brother was born.

it's a little weird; I think of my aunt's kids more as my own nieces/nephews than cousins.

she's a wise and beautiful woman, though, so it's not like she was buying me beer or being the cool aunt or something.

ArJuN

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2005
I have an uncle that's 1 month older than me, and another uncle that's 5 years younger than me. Though we never act like that. The one that's one month older is one of my best friends, and the younger one is just a cool dude.

To address it further: I've never called them uncle (maybe jokingly). It's never weird because we never think of that way. Day to day they are my cousins, but if we were drawing out a family tree they'd show up as my uncles. Shoot me some questions if you want to know something specifically.

Oh and technically they would be my "second"-uncles, but we literally grew up 4 houses down from each other.

Last edited:

Nohr

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2001
www.flickr.com
I was born an uncle. I have several step-brothers & sisters from my dad's previous marriage who are much older than me and already had kids by the time I came around. So I have a few nieces & nephews who are 1 or 2 years older than me.

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
My youngest sister has a 8 month old daughter who is an aunt to my oldest sisters daughter 11 yr. old son. Oldest and youngest sister have a 16 yr. age difference. Probably more similar instances of this in the family tree.

Last edited:

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
My mom's brother is 18 years younger than her and 8 years older than me. His wife is somewhere around 6 years younger than him which makes her only a year or two older than me. My daughter is older than their youngest child who is my cousin.

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
Oh just remembered, not me personally but I have a friend who has an interesting situation.

He had a son when he was 22 in college, around that time his mother and his step father had a son. So his child is ~2 years younger than his brother. They also live in the same town, so I'm looking forward to hearing about how his son and brother are in the same classes. Going to school with your own Uncle seems pretty strange to me.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
i have a sister that is younger than my oldest niece
my older sister had her first daughter before my mom had her last daughter
that is just how it is, there is 20+ years between my oldest and youngest sisters, so there you go

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
No, but my family does have some weird age things due to divorces and people getting remarried. I have a half brother and sister that are less than a year old. My oldest sister is 33 and already has 2 boys, ages 6 and 3.