Do you hate leaving voicemails?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
Originally posted by: TwinkleToes77
I don't like leaving voicemails either. I tend to call back if I can't get through the first time and will leave a vm on the second call.

But I also have said that "it must not be important, if they didnt leave a message" when I get "missed calls" on my own phones.

im the same way on vms. ill call once or twice, and if i dont get anyone ill leave a voice mail. at work i have to leave voice mail, so i do every time. i figure of people dont leave me voice mails it wasnt that important and they will call back later.

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
I hate getting them. In fact I tend to avoid them. As for leaving them, I call a few times before leaving one.

konakona

Diamond Member
May 6, 2004
I know I would probably sound pretty stupid to the person on the receiving end when they hear it. Plus I dislike getting voice mesages myself - a simple principle of "Do to others as you would have them do to you" tells me not to do it.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: anxi80
Originally posted by: moshquerade
there should be a safety feature on voicemails so that you cannot leave them when drunk.
they should make it so that after 11pm you have to do something like hit the 1, 7, 4, 6, 2, * keys in succession within 2-3 seconds before before it could send the message.

you are onto something there. :thumbsup:

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
I did a lot of calling at work and rarely ever left a voice message. If I wanted to leave a message, I could just use e-mail. Otherwise, it would just be phone tag where you leave a message and they leave you one when you get up.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
I rarely leave voice messages. Usually, I'll call once and if there is no answer, I'll wait a minute and try again. About 75% of the time the person will answer the second time or call me back before I get a chance to make the second call.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
if I want them to call me back or if I have important info to give them, I'll leave a message.

if I'm just calling to chat or something, no message.

the exception is my parents... they never check their missed calls and bitch at me if I go awhile without calling, so I'm always sure to leave a message just to let them know that I called.

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
Originally posted by: konakona
I know I would probably sound pretty stupid to the person on the receiving end when they hear it. Plus I dislike getting voice mesages myself - a simple principle of "Do to others as you would have them do to you" tells me not to do it.

Yup, I hate getting voicemail. I check my voicemail about once a month. I almost never leave a voicemail.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
i dont leave them, and people cant leave them for me.

my dad complained about it for a long time and got over it. i hated checking them