Do you guys think i made a misstake?

Atomicpower

Banned
Sep 30, 2000
I bought my computer. AN HP online from hp (i customised it) with the parts that fit me best. Now i'm happy and i saved about 150-200$ in comparison if i would have build it myself! It runs flawless + i didn't have to do a thing everything was installed already and every part was compatible and tested! Not to mention the warranty and tech support.
So should i have done something different?(Be serious)

---

You are GladiatorMaximus, among other names, and you are banned again. Please do not return to AnandTech.

AnandTech Moderator

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
I think you should have tried harder if a self-built would have cost you $200 more.

But of course, someone working at HP might have the slight bit bias.

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Hey if your happy with your purchase and YOU feel it was worth it, then it doesn't matter what anyone thinks.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
Check over on the Distrubuted Computing forum, some folks there would have some suggestions for you check out your system more thoroughly. (Like running SETI or RC5 for instance.)

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
If the system does what you want it to do, and you got it for a good price, than that's great and you did the right thing.

Overall, most of the poeple that build computers don't end up saving that much money (if they save any at all), but they get the best computer for their needs and they also the ability to expand in the future. Further, you also learn the ins-and-outs of your system.

If you don't plan to overclock, and you don't want to fuss with your system or tweak it for maximum performance, there is no reason to build your own PC.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You got what you wanted, and you're happy with the price. Sounds good to me.