Do you guys (or gals) use all those features on your washer & dryer?

Mahaguru

Jul 20, 2007
At my parents home I have only used the medium/heavy load setting, the rest is almost always normal. One time I washed a dress shirt at the delicate setting.

Same thing for dryer, the only time I haven't used Normal/Heavy load was when I dried my shoes.

Just curious. I am in the market for a new washer & dryer, and I can't justify buying those fancy ones.

funkymatt

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2005
at my apartment complex, we have a chef mate brand dryer. i advise you do not get this brand. this dryer has eaten at least 25 buttons off of my shirts.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Learn how to use them properly and your clothes will last a lot longer.

Bill Brasky

Diamond Member
May 18, 2006
The only advice I can give is to look into getting a front loading washer. I have no idea if this is correct, but my parents said they do a better job cleaning the clothes and are generally more reliable.

Mahaguru

Jul 20, 2007
So can anyone recommend a washer & dryer? I want something that is not too cheap or not too expensive.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
We use water level adjustment and temperature knob most often. Rarely use gentle cycle. Never use perm press as we're natural fiber snobs and don't own any perm press clothing.

We use a fusion powered dryer. It worked great but cycles down every night.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
For washers, the new low water front loaders are supposed to be better but I have used one a couple times so I haven't formed an opinion. We have had a Kenmore super capacity mid-range top loader for seven years with no problems at all.

slpaulson

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2000
I pretty much just change the water temp and the load size on my washer. It's a pretty old thing though, so there isn't much to play with. Plus the crazy thing jumps up and down if I don't have a large enough load, even though the thing is level.