Do you guys accept cookies?

ManBearPig

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2000
Should i or not? If i should not, how can i limit some sites while allowing others (using FF)?

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
I imagine there's some sort of exceptions list or whitelist you could edit in firefox to allow cookies only from sites you specify. Perhaps an add-on?

DirkGently1

Mar 31, 2011
Cookies can always be deleted when you finish your Browser session, or after the fact. I use ccleaner and keep the cookies i need in the 'Exclude from cleaning' list. The rest get deleted when running the cleaner.

I don't see the point in trying to disallow cookies in the first place, but perhaps i'm just not paranoid enough. Steering clear of dodgy websites seems to be an adequate preventative measure to me.

WildHorse

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2003
I accept because you pretty much have to in order to view some web sites.
I frequently run Ccleaner to destroy them and grind them into cookie dust.

There's also another kind of persistent cookie called an LSO cookie that hides out and evades cookie cleaners. LSO cookies come to you courtesy of Adobe apps like Flash and maybe other Adobe apps.

To stomp and rip LSO cookies to bloody screaming death, install the BetterPrivacy add on to Firefox, and go into it and set its options (if you're an IE or Chrome or MacIntosh user I don't know what may help you, if anything).

Nothinman

Elite Member
Sep 14, 2001
I accept 1st party, and block 3rd party cookies.

Same here except I have Chrome setup to block by default and then click the little cookie with the red X through it whenever a site doesn't work and pick which domains to allow cookies for.

I have FF prompt for all cookies and pick "Allow for session" for all except for sites that I use regularly and want to be able to login and keep a profile.

Chapbass

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
I will accept cookies. Oreos please, thank you very much, PM me for address to send them to. :D

Same here except I have Chrome setup to block by default and then click the little cookie with the red X through it whenever a site doesn't work and pick which domains to allow cookies for.

I have FF prompt for all cookies and pick "Allow for session" for all except for sites that I use regularly and want to be able to login and keep a profile.

+1.

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
I accept cookies. I'm just careful about what websites I go to. I also do regular sweeps with SuperAntiSpyware, Spybot, and CCleaner.

lllbob

May 26, 2011
boxedn.com
I use the Cookie Monster add-on.

I also use cookie monster. with default action to deny all cookies.
Go to add on settings.. and check these:
[x] Block All Cookies.
[x] Use 2nd Level Domain Names. (Adds support for: second.level.com)
[x] Delete cookie when changing access to deny.
Now simply click the cookie monster icon to allow any cookies you need.
Makes it kinda like NoScript for cookies.

Bill Brasky

Diamond Member
May 18, 2006
I accept because you pretty much have to in order to view some web sites.
I frequently run Ccleaner to destroy them and grind them into cookie dust.

There's also another kind of persistent cookie called an LSO cookie that hides out and evades cookie cleaners. LSO cookies come to you courtesy of Adobe apps like Flash and maybe other Adobe apps.

To stomp and rip LSO cookies to bloody screaming death, install the BetterPrivacy add on to Firefox, and go into it and set its options (if you're an IE or Chrome or MacIntosh user I don't know what may help you, if anything).

Ccleaner and BetterPrivacy FTW. :thumbsup:

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
yea at some point u gotta, how inconvenient are you willing to make the net for yourself, you can block all scripts as well;)

GrumpyMan

Diamond Member
May 14, 2001
I only accept cookies from Girl Scouts and will not pay more $3.95 a box.