Do you feel you earn your salary?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bigblades

Senior member
Mar 17, 2004
296
0
0
Tough question....

I do work about 60% of the time I'm at work. The other 40%, since I work at a lan gaming center, I play counterstrike, soul caliber 2, halo, battlefield 1942, etc. on the clock. My boss made me play halo on the clock the other day because he was so suprised I'd never played and wanted me to know what was up.

All in all, I'd say that yes, I do earn my pay... but I don't deserve a raise.
 

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
7,623
1
0
Originally posted by: Bigblades
Tough question....

I do work about 60% of the time I'm at work. The other 40%, since I work at a lan gaming center, I play counterstrike, soul caliber 2, halo, battlefield 1942, etc. on the clock. My boss made me play halo on the clock the other day because he was so suprised I'd never played and wanted me to know what was up.

All in all, I'd say that yes, I do earn my pay... but I don't deserve a raise.
You sire are a great man. Actually I would say you are a God amongst men. I would KILL for such a part time job.
 

boomdart

Senior member
Jan 10, 2004
825
0
0
Right now it's

"Mom, dad, I need $_____.__"

And they say

"Okay, just take out the trash and do the dishes."

I'm in college, living at the dorms, but my parents only live about 3 miles away.

They let me have just about any amount I ask, but I tend to not ask them for much because I don't earn it. I'll get my license back (and get a job) and stop asking them for money, but until then that's what I have to do.
 

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
25,906
1,399
126
I earn it and then some.

What am I doing about it: I am working my ass off and hoping for a promotion.
 

Zugzwang152

Lifer
Oct 30, 2001
12,134
1
0
At my restaurant jobs, I think I earned my full pay. Now, I am a computer lab monitor and I sit and get paid to do homework for 14 hours a week :)
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY