• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Do you feel like an uber bad-ass?

montypythizzle

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2006
3,699
0
71
I just got the full Appetite for Destruction album and it makes me feel like an uber bad-ass from the 80's that just beats everyone's asses.
 

montypythizzle

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2006
3,699
0
71
Did I mention I am also listening to it on my new HD 485s I got in a trade for an A64 3200 and a TT PSU, pretty even trade, even though the 3200 was his and sold it to me for a very cheap price.
 

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
68,174
3,221
126
Welcome to the jungle!
We got fun and games!!!

Ya, I always preferred their softer stuff though. Patience for eg. Use Your Illusion was a favorite driving tape. High energy for long trips.
 

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
7,797
1
0
Sweet Child O' Mine is an awesome song. listening to it right now as a matter of fact. Paradise city and Welcome to the Jungle are also good. and let us not forget My Michelle. awesome album.
 

montypythizzle

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2006
3,699
0
71
I really need to find some lossless music to test out these ole headphones, anyone in a PM happen to know where to find free lossless music for testing?
 

Deadtrees

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2002
2,355
0
0
Here it comes Again!
I always find it amazing when someone mentions the song/band I'm listening to on the forum. I haven't listented to GN'R for a long time and I just started listening to them today and you mentioned it!
Same thing happened when I was listening to Bittersweet symphony and Letter From a Hooker in Minneaplos.
 

Deadtrees

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2002
2,355
0
0
One in a Million.

Guess I needed
Sometime to get away
I needed some peace of mind
Some peace of mind that'll stay
So I thumbed it
Down to sixth and L.A.
Maybe your greyhound
Could be my way
Police and awesome people
That's right
Get out of my way
Don't need to buy none of your
Goldchains today
I don't need no bracelets
Clamped in front of my back
Just need my ticket till then
Won't you cut me some slack


Chorus:


You're one in a million
Yeah, that's what you are
You're one in a million, babe
You are a shooting star
Maybe someday we'll see you
Before you make us cry
You know we tried to reach you
But you were much to high
Much to high
Much to high
Much to high


Immigrants and faggots
They make no sense to me
They come to our country
And think they'll do as they please
Like start some mini Iran
Or spread some fucking disease
They talk so many goddamn ways
It's all greek to me
Well some say I'm lazy
And others say that's just me
Some say I'm crazy
I guess I'll always be
But it's been such a long time
Since I knew right from wrong
It's all the means to an end, I,
I keep on movin' along


Chorus


Radicals and racists
Don't point your finger at me
I'm a small town white boy
Just tryin' to make ends meet
Don't need your religion
Don't watch that much TV
Just makin' my livin', baby,
Well that's enough for me
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I liked this song when I didn't speak English.
I thought it was a love song as the title refers to.
Well...Having learned English, it's just :confused:
 
Oct 4, 2004
10,521
6
81
Listen to 'Breakdown' from 'Use Your Illusion II'. One of their best, IMO.

In my opinion, 'Estranged' is easily one of the ten greatest rock songs of the 90s. Feel free to disagree.
 

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
26,218
381
126
Originally posted by: Deadtrees
One in a Million.

Guess I needed
Sometime to get away
I needed some peace of mind
Some peace of mind that'll stay
So I thumbed it
Down to sixth and L.A.
Maybe your greyhound
Could be my way
Police and awesome people
That's right
Get out of my way
Don't need to buy none of your
Goldchains today
I don't need no bracelets
Clamped in front of my back
Just need my ticket till then
Won't you cut me some slack


Chorus:


You're one in a million
Yeah, that's what you are
You're one in a million, babe
You are a shooting star
Maybe someday we'll see you
Before you make us cry
You know we tried to reach you
But you were much to high
Much to high
Much to high
Much to high


Immigrants and faggots
They make no sense to me
They come to our country
And think they'll do as they please
Like start some mini Iran
Or spread some fucking disease
They talk so many goddamn ways
It's all greek to me
Well some say I'm lazy
And others say that's just me
Some say I'm crazy
I guess I'll always be
But it's been such a long time
Since I knew right from wrong
It's all the means to an end, I,
I keep on movin' along


Chorus


Radicals and racists
Don't point your finger at me
I'm a small town white boy
Just tryin' to make ends meet
Don't need your religion
Don't watch that much TV
Just makin' my livin', baby,
Well that's enough for me
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I liked this song when I didn't speak English.
I thought it was a love song as the title refers to.
Well...Having learned English, it's just :confused:
LOL... those are some genius lyrics. "N*ggers and f*ggots" eh? What a tool.
 

Skacer

Banned
Jun 4, 2007
727
0
0
"Immigrants and faggots
They make no sense to me

Radicals and racists
Don't point your finger at me"

uhhh.. what?
 

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
68,174
3,221
126
One in a Million isn't the bands mantra, it is a song about a fictional person. You don't watch a movie and assume it to be what the Writer assumes to desire/aspire too.

That's the way I always looked at it anyway.
 

Deadtrees

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2002
2,355
0
0
Originally posted by: sandorski
One in a Million isn't the bands mantra, it is a song about a fictional person. You don't watch a movie and assume it to be what the Writer assumes to desire/aspire too.

That's the way I always looked at it anyway.
In one of the concerts or interviews, Axl Rose stated that he's not going to sing 'get in the ring' as his point has already been adressed in the studio just like 'One in the Million.'
Basically, what he said in 'Get in the Ring, One in the million', he really meant what he said.
 

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
20,565
1,050
126
Originally posted by: theprodigalrebel
Listen to 'Breakdown' from 'Use Your Illusion II'. One of their best, IMO.

In my opinion, 'Estranged' is easily one of the ten greatest rock songs of the 90s. Feel free to disagree.
I agree, wildly ambitious work, but impressive. There truly won't be another GnR, for better or worse.
 

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
55,399
1,514
126
Originally posted by: Arkaign
Originally posted by: theprodigalrebel
Listen to 'Breakdown' from 'Use Your Illusion II'. One of their best, IMO.

In my opinion, 'Estranged' is easily one of the ten greatest rock songs of the 90s. Feel free to disagree.
I agree, wildly ambitious work, but impressive. There truly won't be another GnR, for better or worse.
the really impressive part is how they managed to create such good music while living such a ridiculous lifestyle
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY