Do you ever lose interest in something after studying it too much?

amdforever2

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2002
For example, I like the movies for Spider Man, Xmen, Transformers, Star Wars, etc

After spending hours on wiki reading about the various comic stuff behind them though I feel dazed and confused.

I'm not unintelligent, I just can't keep all that information organized.

HardcoreRomantic

Jun 20, 2007
I tend to do the same thing. I found that taking breaks and reading about something else for a while helps a little. I read a lot of books on gnosticism, but after finishing one book (or two if I'm reading them at the same time), I have to read something very different so I don't get overloaded. Just break it up a bit.

And I guess I only really know the Xmen, but maybe going back and reading some of the old comics instead of just reading about them would be more interesting.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I'm one of those impulse learners. I usually get the gist of it and quit half way through.
Math is an example of one of those subjects.

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
its called burnout...happens to everyone. when i get burnout i just do something else for a while. sometimes you can get so burnt out on something you love that you hate it...thats why some people say dont make your hobby your job or youll hate it...