Do you ever admit not knowing something/being wrong in conversation?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 4, 2004
I have a very good idea abut the things:
- I know a lot about (computers, movies, music, pop-culture trivia etc.)
- I know more than the average someone (politics, current events, women etc.)
- I know very little about (sports; I only play soccer but have no clue what's up in the English Premier League apart from Top 3 standings; the inner workings of an automobile etc.)
- I don't know sh!t about (there's a whole bunch of these)

It doesn't make you a smaller person to admit there are some things you don't know.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
My usual response when proven wrong "where the hell did I get that idea I wonder?" It's my way of saying, "damn I'm wrong, but I don't want to outright admit it."

TecHNooB

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
I'm like the total opposite. I welcome other people's expertise. I always feel others know more than me T__T;

TuxDave

Lifer
Oct 8, 2002
I never admit being wrong because I don't enter an argument where I'm wrong to begin with......

:p

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
Originally posted by: slsmnaz
Originally posted by: randay
Originally posted by: slsmnaz
I'm never wrong but I have been mis-informed a time or two.

tomato, errr tomato... you sound like you cannot admin when you are wrong. always shift the blame on something else or have an excuse.

Easy there big boy it was a joke. If I was ever wrong I would admit it. I'll let u know if it happens. :D

I see, though your joke is more of an accurate representation then a joke :p

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
I can fairly easily acknowledge that I do not know certain things, and if someone else makes a good argument, I can admit to being wrong.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I got a friend who has to be right all the time. granted 90% of the time he is right but when he is wrong he does not admit it. so fricken annoying.

If proven i am wrong i will admit it. no big deal.

WhoBeDaPlaya

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by: BurnItDwn
Nobody believes me when I admit I'm wrong or don't know. They expect me to be 100% right 100% of the time. I can only deliver 100% right 99% of the time.
Sounds like my major professor.
BTW : That's one messed up pic :p