Do you believe?

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Ghost hunters have caught some interesting stuff on film and i would LOVE to have some pseudo-scientist in here explain EVP's

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Citrix
Ghost hunters have caught some interesting stuff on film and i would LOVE to have some pseudo-scientist in here explain EVP's

The fact that they're "ghost hunters" merely proves that they want to believe. Therefore every bit of distortion, every lens flare, every particle of light reflected on a shiny surface, every fog bank, every breeze, every EVERYTHING will be attributed to the supernatural. They're kooks.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
the only "encounter" i've ever had was when a quarter that was in the middle of the room flew at me, barely misses me and makes a dent in the wall. that was very strange.

but i still don't believe.

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
I don't believe myself, but I do enjoy watching those shows like Ghost hunters. And there is no way you'll catch me walking through a forest or orchard at night by myself.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Citrix
Ghost hunters have caught some interesting stuff on film and i would LOVE to have some pseudo-scientist in here explain EVP's</end quote></div>

The fact that they're "ghost hunters" merely proves that they want to believe. Therefore every bit of distortion, every lens flare, every particle of light reflected on a shiny surface, every fog bank, every breeze, every EVERYTHING will be attributed to the supernatural. They're kooks.

no, not the ghost hunters on scifi. they try to disprove any and all stuff they capture on film or tape and have in fact proven many claims false because they were being cause by other sources.

so would you like to explain what a EVP is and how it gets on a audio tape? i would really like to know and since you seem to be an expert why don't you enlighten me.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
Ghost hunters have caught some interesting stuff on film and i would LOVE to have some pseudo-scientist in here explain EVP's</end quote></div>

The fact that they're "ghost hunters" merely proves that they want to believe. Therefore every bit of distortion, every lens flare, every particle of light reflected on a shiny surface, every fog bank, every breeze, every EVERYTHING will be attributed to the supernatural. They're kooks.</end quote></div>

no, not the ghost hunters on scifi. they try to disprove any and all stuff they capture on film or tape and have in fact proven many claims false because they were being cause by other sources.

so would you like to explain what a EVP is and how it gets on a audio tape? i would really like to know and since you seem to be an expert why don't you enlighten me.

ROFLMAO!!! They're not the only kooks I see. EVP?? EV-freakin-P? I and anyone else can make an audio tape say and do anything we want. White noise can be manipulated to an amazing degree.

Since you're such an expert, can you come up with a single supposed EVP that can be verified to be 100% authentic and not created? Nope. didn't think so. Can you come up with one verified authentic EVP that can be guaranteed to be a certain word or phrase and not just random noise that gets close to and therefore interpreted as a recognizable pattern? Nope. Didn't think so.

EVP is the same as floating fog banks and lens flare. The kooks who want to believe will hear whatever they want to hear.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
wow I really wish I could have my 10 minutes back.

that video was absolutely ridiculous. you could practically see the fish line on the panties flying thorugh the air.

Rapidskies

Golden Member
May 27, 2003

What the dillio is EVP?

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt

The fact that they're "ghost hunters" merely proves that they want to believe. Therefore every bit of distortion, every lens flare, every particle of light reflected on a shiny surface, every fog bank, every breeze, every EVERYTHING will be attributed to the supernatural. They're kooks.</end quote></div>

so would you like to explain what a EVP is and how it gets on a audio tape? i would really like to know and since you seem to be an expert why don't you enlighten me.</end quote></div>

ROFLMAO!!! They're not the only kooks I see. EVP?? EV-freakin-P? I and anyone else can make an audio tape say and do anything we want. White noise can be manipulated to an amazing degree.

Since you're such an expert, can you come up with a single supposed EVP that can be verified to be 100% authentic and not created? Nope. didn't think so. Can you come up with one verified authentic EVP that can be guaranteed to be a certain word or phrase and not just random noise that gets close to and therefore interpreted as a recognizable pattern? Nope. Didn't think so.

EVP is the same as floating fog banks and lens flare. The kooks who want to believe will hear whatever they want to hear.

yip i can, i have a tape of voice of a little girl who says very clearly, "my dolly" this was taken in a cemetery in Texas and the only live people there were me and my 50 year old sister. so yea its real and defiantly not white noise.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: purbeast0
wow I really wish I could have my 10 minutes back.

that video was absolutely ridiculous. you could practically see the fish line on the panties flying thorugh the air.

yea that one and the last one were stupid, but the others were pretty cool.

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
I believe in ghosts and have seen some.

Please share?

My mother told me she saw something when she was around 13 years old. It was a person in a room, and she ran out screaming. She went back with her brothers but no one was there.

I have heard of some weird demon possessed events through at the church I used to go to. Strange things happening at youth camps. This one petite girl for instance started to talk in weird languages and overpowering 5 guys, with strange look in her eyes. I also heard of someone seeing two red eyes staring at them when they woke up in the middle of a nap.

Fiction? Real? I can't say, as I haven't seen them myself. I know there are a lot of weird things out there that cannot be explained by reason and science alone though.

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001

so would you like to explain what a EVP is and how it gets on a audio tape? i would really like to know and since you seem to be an expert why don't you enlighten me.</end quote></div>

EVP is the same as floating fog banks and lens flare. The kooks who want to believe will hear whatever they want to hear.</end quote></div>

yip i can, i have a tape of voice of a little girl who says very clearly, "my dolly" this was taken in a cemetery in Texas and the only live people there were me and my 50 year old sister. so yea its real and defiantly not white noise.
you really don't expect this to convince anyone do you?

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001

EVP is the same as floating fog banks and lens flare. The kooks who want to believe will hear whatever they want to hear.</end quote></div>

Okay, rip it an upload it.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Gibsons

yip i can, i have a tape of voice of a little girl who says very clearly, "my dolly" this was taken in a cemetery in Texas and the only live people there were me and my 50 year old sister. so yea its real and defiantly not white noise.</end quote></div>
you really don't expect this to convince anyone do you?

Of course not. That would requite an understanding of random signals and the human mind -- and some common sense.