Do you believe in Chinese Astrology?

wchou

Banned
Dec 1, 2004
If so which sign are you? Its not perfect but most are unbelieveably true. No individual is unique if they have a pattern and act in a certain way that makes the astrology reading predict their ability and flaws.

http://chinese.astrology.com/

Mojoed

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2004
I don't believe in any Astrology, I think it's silly. ESPECIALLY, when I run into someone who will ONLY date people of certain signs.

Night Blade

Oct 9, 1999
I believe in it somewhat, from what i've read about my sign, my wife's & now my daughter I find more than a few similarities.

Wife & Daughter are both Dragons & it really shows, from reading that site I find my Wife is a Firery Dragon and a Scorpion from regular Astrology, she is a handful & fits the description pretty good.

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Looks like I'm a dog. I just read up on it and parts of it ring true. Then again, if I would have read any other sign I'm sure that parts of them would also ring true.

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
Tiger:
They experience mood swings and often feel things more intensely than others, the latter quality being both good and bad. They can react poorly under stress and are prone to emotional outbursts. This Sign's bristling sensitivity can send friend and foe running for cover.

Well, that's absolutely nothing even close to resembling my personality, so I'm thinking no. :)

ghostman

Golden Member
Jul 12, 2000
Well, no offense, but I think it's full of it. That means that everyone born in my year has more or less the same characteristics as I do. And no one will have nearly as similar characteristics for the next 11 years until my Chinese sign comes back around. Who can honestly say that, when they went to school, everyone in their graduating year had characteristics like himself? Meaning, the valedictorian, the jock, the dropout, the extrovert, the introvert, the pothead and the prude are all "loyal, faithful and honest and always stick to their firm codes of ethics" or are all "generous and genteel, charming and appealing". And the year after, there are none?

The thing is, most of these astrological signs seem to fit because they name SO many different characteristics that people overlook the ones that are wrong and focus on the ones that are right. But try reading some of the other signs and I bet you'll find most of them will also seem to fit pretty well. There was a test done (saw it on PBS special) once on a classroom full of college students. Each student was given a page-long description by a medium (psychic, whatever) that was specific to that student. And each student had to rate it on how accurate it was. Almost all the students rated it as "accurate" or "very accurate". They were told to exchange their descriptions with their neighbors and they found the descriptions were all the same.

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
I'll probably get flamed but... I find it strange how so many people who claim to be athiest/agnostic will still believe in stuff like karma and astrology.

Auryg

Platinum Member
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: everman
I'll probably get flamed but... I find it strange how so many people who claim to be athiest/agnostic will still believe in stuff like karma and astrology.

There has to be a God for there to be some sort of influence over things?

LookingGlass

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2005
Take it for what you will, mainly for fun.

Try out these two links.
Chinese Astrology

Grid
This grid, compare how you get along with other signs. It's interesting. I have done this with family and friends. It's pretty damn close.