Do you avoid the "gimme money" Santa outside of stores?

Do you avoid the "gimme money" Santa?

• No. I stop and pay the toll every time.

• No. I walk right past, make eye contact and sneer at Santa.

• Yes. I sneak around to another entrance.

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Sauce

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
I have made a policy of avoiding the Santa since they are usually collecting for religious organizations (Salvation army, red cross)...it's like funding terrorism. There is like this peer pressure to give money to this shmo in a red suit even though the cause is completely fvcked up. Now rather than walk past the Santa I will park in different spots and walk around to another entrance to avoid him/her. Anyone else?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I have made a policy of avoiding the Santa since they are usually collecting for religious organizations (Salvation army, red cross)...it's like funding terrorism. There is like this peer pressure to give money to this shmo in a red suit even though the cause is completely fvcked up. Now rather than walk past the Santa I will park in different spots and walk around to another entrance to avoid him/her. Anyone else?
Your ignorance and stupidity are equally amazing.

But.........
Merry Christmas!

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

Translations:
He saw Santa naked and are scarred 4 lyfe

oh.. and Your ignorance and stupidity are equally amazing.

and no, i dont give to santa, but i dont go out of my way to avoid them, or sneer at them when i walk by (dumb poll)

Last edited:

ktehmok

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2001
I haven't seen one dressed like Santa in years, thanks to all of the politically correct shitballs that get their panties in a wad over it.

I do give them my spare change when I walk by. It may or may not be doing any good, but it makes me feel better.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I nod, smile, or say hello to them as I would to anyone else who has just greeted me in a reasonably polite fashion. I never give them money but I see no reason to be frightened or rude. Unless they are black, of course.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
I give them money because I have plenty to spare. I guess you don't.

Raizinman

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2007
meettomy.site
I detest these people with their hand out in front of stores. I walk by just ignoring them. Every year there is always at least 2 or 3 Action News investigations of how much money actually is stolen by these Santa's and management, and how little actually go to the cause at hand. Last year the Salvation Army were selling donated cars to their friends real cheap and then splitting the profit under the table after the car was sold. How would you feel if you donated this car believing it was going to a good cause? In todays world of so many people out of work and needing funding, the steeling and theft is rampant including charities. From my understanding the background checks on these Santa's are minimal at best and with the minimal wage they are earning, can cause them to justiy the theft. The stores should not be allowing these people to solicit in front of their stores.

May 13, 2009
I did some work for the salvation army a few days. It was for community service. I wish I was giving enough to volunteer. They are a legit organization. There was some home destroyed by tornados and we went out and gave those people food and helped them clean up. I'm sure it helps those people tremendously knowing someone cares. They also help families that can't afford things by giving them clothes and food. There is corruption everywhere but that's no excuse to put your head in the sand.

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
I give once or twice and consider myself paid for the year. I'd feel perfectly alright not giving at all though. In the end I don't really know or care about the people that money will go to. Still, I won't starve because I gave away a handful of change, so I do.

timosyy

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2003
You go to far too much trouble to avoid them.

I just walk right past them without making eye contact... or smiling at them if I do, just not donating anything.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
I have money come out of my pay check every moth for charity. I only give to the store santa if I am feeling generous.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
I took a ride with the local Sally Ann kettle coordinator for a report I was doing. Spent the day with them. (I'll post the video on my Youtube eventually since it's still in uncompressed DV format) They're a bunch of great, really hard working people.

I can't say I approve of the religious aspect (lifelong atheist here), but the money collected from those kettles does go to a lot of good things. They use it to buy clothing and food for their foodbank, and also to provide family services and education for new immigrants. They're certainly not hurting anybody, or trying to convert anybody, and I know the money is going where it should. Of course the corruption exists, but I've found the genuine ones outnumber them.

Simply put, if you don't want to give, just don't give. Nobody's shaking you down for money.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
You think giving to the Salvation Army is like funding terrorism? You win the award for most annoying atheist of the day! Congrats!

ps. Surprise me and tell me you are not a 9-11 truther or a homosexual vegetarian democrat.

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001
You people offended by people seeking money for the poor MUST be republicans.

I just can't think of any logical reason beside that... I mean, come on, santas funding terrorism?

PS: Where is the "No. I walk right past, make eye contact, and smile/greet" option?

Last edited: