Do you all remember those Bacardi and Diet Coke commercials?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Well over the weekend I saw one randomly and it got me thinking about the nutrition facts of other liquors I drink. I have always been curious as to the nutrition facts of the alcohol I drink so I did some searching on the tuff I mainly drink.

So I went over to this website and looked up a bunch of my drinks. Below is a list of the carbs included in my favorite alcohols.

Captain Morgans Spiced Rum - .3g
Jack Daniels Whiskey - 0g
Rasberry Stolie - .4g (my girls favorite liquor)

I just find it funny how they marketed Bacardi + Diet as this one of a kind type drink that will give you 0 carbs at all, when in actuality, a bunch of liquor hardly has any carbs in it.

I remember when these commercials were popular I would see a lot of people in Bars ordering them as well because it was when the low carb diets were big.

Yay for marketting!

Syrch

Diamond Member
May 21, 2004
i wish the arizona division of my company carried bacardi :( Im stuck with cruzan which is really good but for whatever reason while out in IL i loved the flavored bacardi

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
God do I ever hate Bacardi. I have bottle of it I was given that sits in the very back of all my other alcohol.

I 'd have to run through all my Ron Zacapa 23 anos, Mount Gay Extra Old, Cruzan Single Barrel estate, and Captain Morgan to even let the briefest thought of consuming it pass through my mind.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
The funny part is that alcohol is second only to fats in calories per gram. Fat is 9, Alcohol is 7. Next up is protein at 4 with carbs coming in the lowest at under 4 per gram.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: K1052
God do I ever hate Bacardi. I have bottle of it I was given that sits in the very back of all my other alcohol.

I 'd have to run through all my Ron Zacapa 23 anos, Mount Gay Extra Old, Cruzan Single Barrel estate, and Captain Morgan to even let the briefest thought of consuming it pass through my mind.

you would drink captain morgan's aunt jemima tasting sludge before bacardi?
:confused:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: K1052

you would drink captain morgan's aunt jemima tasting sludge before bacardi?
:confused:

Yes, though I'd be breaking out the coke to mix it.