Do whites divorce more than Asians?

Edgewardb

Jul 17, 2007
I always wonder if whites usually have more conflicts than Asian people. So Base on your personal views and opinion, lets discuss.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Edgewardb
I always wonder if whites usually have more conflicts than Asian people. So Base on your personal views and opinion, lets discuss.

I'm not asian so I can't really tell you how many conflicts they have in their marriages.

I've been with the same woman for 17 years, married for almost 15 years now. We've had very few disagreements, a few heated debates but nothing amounting to either of us leaving the other or even sleeping in another room.

BTW-This is a stupid question and I feel more stupider for having read it and replied to this post.

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Well, seeing as divorce is not quite as popular in Asian countries than it is in America, I'd imagine so. However, my parents, who are both Chinese, are both divorced and remarried (dad married a Chinese lady, mom married a white guy).

mooglemania85

Diamond Member
May 3, 2007
Yes, because everyone knows that an asian woman is subservient to the whims of her overbearing husband who works crazy hours and stays out boozing it up with loose women and co-workers. Besides, it is an unwritten rule that all conflict is too be avoided, since all asians know kung-fu and if there was conflict of any kind mass pandemonium would break out.

Edgewardb

Jul 17, 2007
I don't know what with Asian culture but White people usually have way toooo much arguments with each other.

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Originally posted by: moshquerade
who cares?

Take your hatred elsewhere, gawd. Some of us are trying to care.

Also, do Asians commit adultery more than whites? I'm guessing yes, based on my copious intake of quality hentai.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Saint Michael
who cares?

Also, do Asians commit adultery more than whites? I'm guessing yes, based on my copious intake of quality hentai.

These stereotyping threads always contain so much love. :confused:

Cogman

Lifer
Sep 19, 2000
Originally posted by: Saint Michael
who cares?

:confused: the hypocrisy is baffling.

Why does race really matter? We might as well be asking "Are whites smarter then Asians?". Culture will have a much bigger influence then race will in a divorce. And BTW, Asia is a pretty big continent with multiple countries and cultures, so I would say yes and no to the original question. (you can't tell if you are likely to divorce someone just by looking at them.)

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
By the way, I was joking... about some of the stuff.

According to this site http://www.divorcerate.org/ Japan's divorce rate is 27%, lower than the US. Dunno about China and South Korea, although the US has nearly the highest in the world, I believe. It's below Sweden, though.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Of course, but you have to look at the underlying reason. Asian guys have such a hard time getting a woman they are not likely to let her go easily.