Do white people ever buy Can-Am 3 wheel motorcycles?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Ya really want to tick off a biker girl? ;)

I dated a girl years ago who raced motorcycles for a living and for fun.... I'm an experienced and moderately skilled rider and she could literally "ride rings around me". (she was also tiny!)

I love and appreciate "biker-girls" !! :D (and "tough" women of all kinds too)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pohemi

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
i wouldn't buy one, or a regular motorcycle for that matter.

if it doesn't have at least 4 wheels i'm not interested. far too unsafe.

my uncle broke his back on a 3-wheeler a few decades ago. but he healed up alright and still rides motorcycles.

no way am i taking any chances though.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
If you want something deadly with 3 wheels get yourself a mid 80's Honda Big Red. It's not road legal because it's an ATV, so you die like a real man, 50 clicks down a bush road, and eventually get eaten by a bear or bobcat. Most insurance companies won't insure them because they have a bad safety track record but they're a lot of fun.
Those balloon tire three wheelers were notoriously unsafe, yeah. I remember riding on the back of one several times when I was young, and always feeling like it was about to tip backwards (which they were prone to do). They also liked to tip over (to the front) when turning.
However it's also reasonable to say that people who "can't physically handle" riding a motorcycle should stick to using a 4-wheeler to get around. (even a tiny car is 1000x safer then ANY bike)
But but but...I want the wind in my face! And bugs in my teef! Y u wanna limit my enjoyment, bro? lol

To answer the question in OP/title: In my area, I see more middle age to older men riding them, and the majority are white :p

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I can clearly recall when I was 10 years old on a ski vacation in Killington VT (5-day "learn to ski" package courtesy of my awesome mom!) and I saw my first paraplegic skier learning to ski in a "special needs" group lesson AND doing better than I was!

I was a sheltered kid at that point in my life and lets just say it was real eye-opener. Having said that it's fine to discuss folks realistic and logical physical limitations... ESPECIALLY because it helps smart people figure out better ways to help them! (like special mono-ski's with high-tech suspensions!)

:)

Sit ski, mono ski and more: accessible skiing for disabled people (passionatepeople.invacare.eu.com)

Doesn't appear that this guy's having much trouble at all! :p

Really cool story! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pohemi