do we really need two gaming forums?

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
I agree, way to excessive. What if I play a great arcade game, where does that go? Just one gaming forum!

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Probably for the same reason every other gaming site has different sections. I, for one, will NEVER go into the console gaming area since I don't play console games, only PC games are of interest to me. If you play an arcade game, most likely it's console, or at least nothing you can get on the PC. Ever seen America's Army, FS-X, Half Life, etc, on arcade games... no. Sure they port games from pc (and visa versa) but they have different content, play, system requirements, and features.

I think two is the way to go. (Consider yourselves lucky there isn't one for every console, lol.)

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
Topic Title: do we really need two gaming forums?

No. No we don't.

PS: Needs more poll, then maybe the admins will take it seriously.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: 911paramedic
Probably for the same reason every other gaming site has different sections. I, for one, will NEVER go into the console gaming area since I don't play console games, only PC games are of interest to me. If you play an arcade game, most likely it's console, or at least nothing you can get on the PC. Ever seen America's Army, FS-X, Half Life, etc, on arcade games... no. Sure they port games from pc (and visa versa) but they have different content, play, system requirements, and features.

I think two is the way to go. (Consider yourselves lucky there isn't one for every console, lol.)

I agree. I have no use for a console section and it would be aggravating clicking on a thread about a game I was having problems with and finding out it was a console platform.

Apr 17, 2005

how about you dont click on any topics related to console gaming?

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
most the changes are excessive. i understand programming should be separate, but the rest are just over doing it seriously.

tigersty1e

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2004
Change the question attached to the poll.

I had to take a second look and almost clicked the wrong answer.

In the title you ask, "Do we really need 2 gaming forums?"

This should be the question we're answering. But then you switch it by asking ,"too much?"

Make your poll quesiton correspond to the title.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad

how about you dont click on any topics related to console gaming?

Exactly how would he know if it was console or PC?
No, the posters aren't going to title the thread to say whether it's console or PC.