Do we have a thread on the Donald/VA Healthcare data scandal?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I cannot find one.

So yeah, remember all those times the Republican party claimed to be the champions of vets?
They fucking lied. They elected a man who repeatedly dodged the draft and didnt know shit about the military even after he became the fuckin commander in chief and also criticized a fuckload of active and retired and deceased personnel and did nothing for the VA administration.

maluckey1

Mar 15, 2018
To me, I see no FACA violations. Shady-dealings maybe, but FACA does not seem apply to non-compensated (and likely ill-educated) opinions and work done for free. The article did not say if the companies that these three yahoos talked to were compensated.

Advice and Guidance | GSA

As one of the people whose information they want to share, I'm all for it. VA generally sucks donkey balls at doing their job. They are understaffed, under-skilled and generally overworked. It's a crap shoot whether you get reasonable care (if you can get in within a reasonable time to start with). Most of my care is from civilian providers for that reason. About the only thing I now trust them with is podiatry and SOME ortho issues (combat related permanent injuries). The reason I trust these two specialties is that civilian doctors don't always have much exposure to injuries common to combat vets.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Terry Fadem - “Patient data is, in my opinion, the most valuable assets [sic] the VA has, It can be leveraged into hundreds of millions in revenue” (by selling access to major companies)

That's one hell of a memorable line