Do those door-to-door salesmen need a license or something?

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Lately, there have been a bunch of door-to-door salesmen in my neighborhood and I'm wondering if they need a license. There are so many, instead of listening, I just say:

Booga: "Sorry, we're not interested."
Bast*rd: "What are you not interested in?"
Booga: Whatever you are trying to sell us, Bye.

Do they have to have a license or something because if they are legally supposed to have one or something I'd like to ask for it but I want to check first.

What do you say to them to end it fast because it gets really lame espcially when they start asking us to do their test with them or whatever to see how clean they can make the carpet because they get $20 for each person they do the test with.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Just put a "NO SOLICITING" sign on your door. They're not allowed to proceed if it's clearly marked.

Otherwise, there is absolutely no regulation required to be able to sell door to door. It falls under the rather wide blanket of "freedom of speech" IIRC. As long as you make it known before they knock that you don't accept solicitations, I don't think they can continue.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
When you open the door and see a salesman, turn arund, drop your pants, and say, "how clean can you make my asshole?"
I imagine that will get most of them to leave immediately. Although, if someone actually took you up on the offer, you might end up with more problems than when you started.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Hahah you guys are funny... but you know these guys are just trying to make a living... even if it means making your life and mine miserable... :D

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: notfred
When you open the door and see a salesman, turn arund, drop your pants, and say, "how clean can you make my asshole?"
I imagine that will get most of them to leave immediately. Although, if someone actually took you up on the offer, you might end up with more problems than when you started.

I'm confused.... I only learn by example, mind showing the camera how its done for all to see on ATOT? ;) :p

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Start a petition in your neighborhood or your building to have no soliciting signs put at the entrances (there's 3 entrances to my neighborhood so it would be easy).

wfbberzerker

Lifer
Apr 12, 2001
Originally posted by: AgaBooga
Originally posted by: notfred

I'm confused.... I only learn by example, mind showing the camera how its done for all to see on ATOT? ;) :p

just go to a certain website involving four-legged animals that eat grass, and you will understand.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: Jeff7181
Start a petition in your neighborhood or your building to have no soliciting signs put at the entrances (there's 3 entrances to my neighborhood so it would be easy).

Thats all we have to do? And if they still come in our neighborhood I guess we can report it ...

I don't think getting approval from other in the neighborhood will be hard at all..

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
We did it in my neighborhood... they still come in, but they leave quickly when I tell them if I see them come back around the block I'm calling the police.