Do they teach this in coffee shop/donut shop/fast food training?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: loup garou
Originally posted by: TwiceOver
I'm still trying to figure out this cardboard you are talking about.

Styrofoam Cup + Plastic Lid is all I have ever used. Then again the $0.39 coffee at the nearest gas station is as good as any in my book.
Sorry, didn't know I was a coffee snob for buying coffee at donut shops and fast food places. Anyways, it's happened with my coffee from 7-11 before too (which happens to be my favorite coffee).

wait, isant 7/11 self serve coffee?! u get cup, pour, put lid on yourself.

can you say pwnage!

yes, pyonir u r rite about the user. :cool:

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
the best is that combined with the teabag string lined up at the mouth of the lid. motherfuckers.
no teabag jokes either, don't reply

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: JEDI
The good majority of the time I get a cup of coffee from one of these establishments (starbucks in this instance), the sip-hole on the top is lined up with the seam in the cup. The hot coffee invariably soaks the cardboard through the seam and after a dozen sips or so starts dripping on my shirt with every sip.

Fuckers.

onlyt 4 u

never happens to anyone else i kno

and no, sbux teaches people NOT to line up the hole w/the seam because of exactly what u describe.

if theyre doing that on purpose, wehck yur coffee for foreign substances too

your not weil liked by the ship. goto a diff one?

edit:
oh.. mandartoruy

/nelson

HA HA

/nerlson

Drink less and post more or post less and drink more. Or actually, just don't post at all. Chose one of those options Jedi, and may the force be with you.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Man, you are one defensive little feller aren't you? There were like 3 or 4 replies you got all butthurt over for no reason whatsoever.

Sounds like a classic case of PEBKAC applied to modern day situations though.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
maybe your are a shitty customer and the minimun wage employee behind the counter is tired of your bs and its their little way to get back at you!

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: aplefka
Man, you are one defensive little feller aren't you? There were like 3 or 4 replies you got all butthurt over for no reason whatsoever.

uh...ok. I'm not crying my eyes out here, dude. God forbid I reply to my thread.

JEDI is a doofus, if that's what you're talking about.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: aplefka

ok, i'll bite since this is a loup thread

what's PEBKAC ?

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: waffleironhead
maybe your are a shitty customer and the minimun wage employee behind the counter is tired of your bs and its their little way to get back at you!
Could be, I like to think I'm quite pleasant. Perhaps I'm a bit too chipper for them?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Originally posted by: pyonir
hahahahahaha...

Maybe double check it before you start drinking? I do. :p
Usually when I buy coffee it's needed so badly that my brain isn't working quick enough to do something like that. ;)

so stop bitching then?

honestly, this same BS happens ot me too. makes me want ot punch something. sometimes, it happens that I have attached two lids to the top of the cup. The way they stack, it can be difficult to tell if they are stuck together.

the big disaster with this, is that it seems OK for a little while...but all that time, a significant amount of coffee has been pooling between the two lids, waiting for the tipping point when it all comes out at once.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
i work at a coffee shop, and the first few days i didn't pay attention to how it lined up, but then my supervisor told me, i always put it on the other side now