do some hp laptop touchpads not have vertical scrolling

OBLAMA2009

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2008
i was looking at them in the store yesterday and some of them appeared to not have this feature which seems hard to believe (it would be a deal breaker for me). i asked the sales dood and he said some of them use two finger gestures like apple, but when he tried to demo it, that didnt work

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
To answer your question, yes . . . some do not have a vertical scroll bar on the right side of the touchpad.

OBLAMA2009

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2008
To answer your question, yes . . . some do not have a vertical scroll bar on the right side of the touchpad.
but do they also not have any other way of vertically scrolling such as the two finger swipe gesture? that would be seriously inconvenient

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
but do they also not have any other way of vertically scrolling such as the two finger swipe gesture? that would be seriously inconvenient

They should have it, maybe the Best Buy guy was doing it wrong, maybe somehow it was disabled in teh settings.

The HP notebook I tried most recently at a store had two finger scrolling... it was inertial, which I wasn't crazy about it, but it was certainly there.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
They have it. You need to turn the option on in your settings.

Emulex

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2001
you can enabled it on almost every pad - problem is how carpy it is. just never ever use a macbook and you'll be proud of what you have. lol.

the best there is in win7 is like 30&#37; of the best there is in osx. like they never bothered to integrate the multitouch to the applications. hella even multitouch screens are rough