Do people put on body spray before exercising?

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
After seeing a doctor for the first time in probably over 30 something years, I have decided to take a walk after dinner at a nearby trail. One thing I noticed is that when I encounter a jogger, I noticed that he/she smells good. It's almost like they just took a shower for something. Meanwhile, I am stinky with sweat. So, I'm wondering -- what is going on? Do people spray something on themselves before jogging? Or am I stinky?

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
I always put on deodorant and some type of spray before running. I keep cologne in the car and other sprays.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I just slap on fresh coat of anti-persperant before running. When you sweat it sort of creates an aura of that scent around you...at least for a short while.

In college and high school I would be running in practice for cross country and the girls team would ask what cologne I was wearing....my response was "Uhhh...Right Guard Active Sport". :)

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
I usually always spray on body spray before going to the gym because
1. Yes I already have deodorant on
2. I sweat like crazy
3. I don't want to be the smelly guy at the gym
4. More importantly my clothes might smell from running in them in the morning (compression shorts for example)
5. It keeps my bag from getting rank.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by: vi_edit
I just slap on fresh coat of anti-persperant before running. When you sweat it sort of creates an aura of that scent around you...at least for a short while.

In college and high school I would be running in practice for cross country and the girls team would ask what cologne I was wearing....my response was "Uhhh...Right Guard Active Sport". :)

You fail. :(

Your supposed to say "Oh, that's just the manly musk smell I get after some intense sex with <insert popular/hot girl here> in the bathroom during last period.

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
i don't like the body sprays cause they create a smell that's too strong. i put on deodorant before going to the gym. i don't sweat that much so it's not a problem. when i get home, i take a shower.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Deodorant only.

"Don't want to be the smelly guy at the gym"? I would pretty much expect people at the gym to be smelly.

Aug 23, 2000
I don't put on any cologne or spray when working out. I just work out. I'm not working out to be social or to make friends, i'm doing it to get exercise.

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
My anti-perspirant is put on at 7am and lasts until 8pm or longer, including two hour workouts.

I tried using deodorants for a while but I couldn't find any that lasted even long enough for me to go to the gym. I always was re-applying it. Really annoying.

I hate people who don't know how to use deodorant at the gym. It's one thing to be sweaty and smell like sweat. It's another to stand on the treadmill next to me emitting noxious fumes from the bowels of satan.

Another thing I hate... guys who pass gas constantly on treadmills or elliptical machines. WTF.

zerocool1

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
femaven.blogspot.com
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski
I don't put on any cologne or spray when working out. I just work out. I'm not working out to be social or to make friends, i'm doing it to get exercise.

i'm the same way, just as long as my stench is not intolerable.