Do Muslim Terrorists and their Homicidal Maniacs make you distrust the religion and feel anger towards all religions?

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
These "Suicide Bombings" are really horribly disgusting and make me hate the people ... not empathize with them...

I feel there is something IN or ABOUT the Muslim religion that supports the killing of non-muslims.

I believe there are an overwhelming number of Muslim Clerics and Imams who support and call on "Good" Muslims to kill in the name of Mohammed and Allah.

I also believe that the majority of current terrorist actions in the world today are committed by Muslims/Islamists.

Zrom999

Banned
Apr 13, 2003
Are suicide bombings that much worse than a regular bombing? It is a disgusting and extreme tactic but at least with a suicide bombing you know that bomber wont harm anyone else, unlike the ones that set bombs and run away, and set some later, a few days after and so on. Regular bombers are the real scum.

Also if there wasn't religion to motivate the suicide bombings they would find another.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Zrom999
Are suicide bombings that much worse than a regular bombing? It is a disgusting and extreme tactic but at least with a suicide bombing you know that bomber wont harm anyone else, unlike the ones that set bombs and run away, and set some later, a few days after and so on. Regular bombers are the real scum.

Also if there wasn't religion to motivate the suicide bombings they would find another.

Sorry bout that.. I meant to include the disgusting and most vile "Islamists" who set off bombs in nightclubs and hotels too...

hmmm.. how to edit the title?

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
No and no

Islam is not a religion of hate... least ways I don't see it as one.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Zrom999

The killing of non combat folks either by design or by mistake is deplorable. I especially agree that the leaving of bombs or bomblets around to explode later either by design or accident is beyond the pale of decent killing. Killing is insane if any chance to avoid it is not taken. Of course terrorists are not interested in meeting at a table so they need to be made aware that their actions are not acceptable... somehow.

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001
What is the difference between suicide bombing which (usually) kills civilians and "regular" bombing which usually kills many, many more civilians but in the name of something else?

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: ELP
What is the difference between suicide bombing which (usually) kills civilians and "regular" bombing which usually kills many, many more civilians but in the name of something else?

Intended targets?

By "regular bombing" I assume you mean Military.. well, the military doesn't commonly go around "targeting" innocent civilians

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: dahunan
These "Suicide Bombings" are really horribly disgusting and make me hate the people ... not empathize with them...

The KKK burning crosses do not make me distrust Christians. People use religion to justify their bigotry.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth

The KKK burning crosses does not make me distrust Christians. People use religion to justify their bigotry.

Is the Cross a Living Being?

The Cross is a piece of wood...

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

The KKK burning crosses does not make me distrust Christians. People use religion to justify their bigotry.

Then substitute burning crosses for lynchings and terrorizing blacks/jews. It's the principle.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: konichiwa

Then substitute burning crosses for lynchings and terrorizing blacks/jews. It's the principle.

Are they still "actively" doing these things you spoke of?

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

But does it matter?

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002

But does it matter?

303 references versus 4,580 hmmmmm?

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You are babbling on about how Islam has the most fundamentalists; do you have a point? Are you trying to say that all Muslims are terrorists, or that Islam is a religion that supports hate and killing, or what? Stop beating around the bush with rhetorical and leading questions and just state your claim.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
I feel there is something IN or ABOUT the Muslim religion that supports the killing of non-muslims.

I believe there are an overwhelming number of Muslim Clerics and Imams who support and call on "Good" Muslims to kill in the name of Mohammed and Allah.

I also believe that the majority of current terrorist actions in the world today are committed by Muslims/Islamists.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

"IN or ABOUT the Muslim religion" (aka Islam) suggests that there is something in the basic texts and teachings of Islam that "supports the killing of non-muslims," which isn't true.

Overwhelming number? Sorry, no. A LARGE, VAST majority of Muslims and Muslim clerics are peaceable and nonviolent. However, those that you see or choose to see may or may not be those that "support and call on 'Good' Muslims to kill in the name of Mohammed and Allah". That, however, does not, by any means, represent the majority (or even large part) of Muslims. There are radicals in every religion, and they almost never represent the large part of the followers.

Questionable, I guess, but I don't know if that's true or not. It depends on how you define terrorism I suppose.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I think we know how you "feel" and what you "believe". It's what you "promote"(without stating it) that is a major contention. Islam is not the problem, look at history, it wasn't too long ago that Christians were doing the same thing.

Zrom999

Banned
Apr 13, 2003

The same can be said about any Western religion. Read the Old Testament (Hebrews wiping out the Canaanites) and study European History (The Inquisition).

You went around the world taking surveys?

You forget the IRA and splinter groups, FARC, Basque, etc. Non muslim terrorism exist, and is just as deadly if not more, but it is just not widely publicized in the US.

You can't condemn a whole religion for the acts of the few.

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
If they didn't have their religion to use for committing acts of murder, they would find something else to use as an excuse. Religion isn't the problem. Its like guns, although they help in killing people, its not the root of the problem.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: sandorski
I think we know how you "feel" and what you "believe". It's what you "promote"(without stating it) that is a major contention. Islam is not the problem, look at history, it wasn't too long ago that Christians were doing the same thing.

How long ago was it? The Crusades don't really count. Funamentilist muslims today are killing people in the name of their religion.

Do you think that Islam can have the same type of reformation that Christianity had?

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
The Reformation did not stop Christians from killing. There were still the witch hunts and Manifest Destiny among many other killing sprees in the name of the Christian god. All religions have the leverage of rewards beyond measure to offer those who do god's will, and punishments beyond comprehension for failing to do god's will. Quite a motivator for the ignorant and weak willed. And of course those who council god's will are always infallably correct. No thinking required.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: etech

How long ago was it? The Crusades don't really count. Funamentilist muslims today are killing people in the name of their religion.

Do you think that Islam can have the same type of reformation that Christianity had?

I think we've had this conversation before. The Crusades certainly do count and why can't Muslims have a Reformation?

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
This isn't about relegion, never has been. Even Allah would not condone the actions of these people. They are criminals. It is criminal to use God (Allah) or any diety as reason or excuse for destroying the life of another. The crimanal leaders of these factions try to envoke "their religous beliefs" as justification for these horrible acts of terror, but do not for a moment accept that. That is a part of the ploy, to try and convince you there is some noble justification...

..This is nothing more than greedy, power hungry, egotistical asswipes that take advantage of weaker, uneducated, peons to brainwash and convince they are doing the "right" thing. Just look at the Iraqi's after Saddam was driven from power. They came out in droves to curse this despot. There are no civilized people on this planet that embrace these despots. Only uneducted, starving, and desperate slaves of brainwashing through fear and hunger.

Try and understand the difference. Jews, Christians, Hindus, Muslums, all have lived for centuries side by side in peace, respecting by and large on anothers differences. It is only asswipes in history that have tried to alter that peaceful co existance, and at every juncture they have failed. In 20 years this episode in history will be just a footnote outlining poor judgement by one group against another. We react to the "Now" of these events because we have a fast food mentality. We want answers immediately. If this was 100 years ago before internet, TV, radio and mass communication, I doubt any of this would have happened. This is more about the "haves" wanting more, and the "have nots" getting pissed they are being overlooked in the economic,social scheme of things.

You will find the only releigon that matters to these people are the allmighty Dollar. That is the bottom line for about everyhing we have seen so far.

IMHO;)

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: etech

I think we've had this conversation before. The Crusades certainly do count and why can't Muslims have a Reformation?

The "Christian" church of today is not the same church that was involved in the crusades. Over the years the Christian faith has looked inwards and questioned and reevaulated its role in the lives of its believers and in the world.

The religion of Islam has not had that "reformation" and there are many obstacles to it going through that change.

One example.

Hashem Aghajari

The simple act of questioning the relgious rulers brought a death sentence upon him. It is still under trial and may not be carried out.

Iran dissident rejects retrial
"Mr Aghajari enraged conservatives in June last year, when he said that Muslims should not uncritically follow the line laid down by Islamic clerics "like monkeys".

He questioned why clerics alone had the right to interpret Islam, which led many to accuse him of being "Iran's Salman Rushdie". "

Centuries ago the in the "Christian" church the same thing could and did happen. It would not happen today. It does in Islam.

Take a bible into SA and start preaching from it on the street corner. Let me know a few months before you do though, I would like to take out a life insurance policy on you.

to sum it up,
The Chritian church has reformed and changed since the Crusades. Islam, at least the funamentilist side, has not and has very strong impediments to any change.