Do Mexican guys stare at women blatantly?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Cultural thing...nothing to get your panties in a twist over. YOU may think they are being stupid, or mean, or scary, or whatever, but to them it's perfectly acceptable. That doesn't mean you have to like it, but try to understand a little, eh?

And I'm glad to see there's not shortage of guys getting their feathers all ruffled and ready to fight about some guy checking out their GFs. Seriously, whenever that happens just say to yourself "Well you can look...but I can touch." Trust me, it works like a charm :)

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Rainsford
Cultural thing...nothing to get your panties in a twist over. YOU may think they are being stupid, or mean, or scary, or whatever, but to them it's perfectly acceptable. That doesn't mean you have to like it, but try to understand a little, eh?

And I'm glad to see there's not shortage of guys getting their feathers all ruffled and ready to fight about some guy checking out their GFs. Seriously, whenever that happens just say to yourself "Well you can look...but I can touch." Trust me, it works like a charm :)

I'm sick of hearing this "cultural thing" BS. Maybe thats an explanation for it, but its not an excuse. Americans are loud as a culture, and when we go to europe and bother everyone, they dont all stop and say "oh, its a cultural thing". To them, its an asshole thing, whether its cultural to us or not.

Same with the mexicans.

When in rome....

Klixxer

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2004
Originally posted by: BD2003

I'm sick of hearing this "cultural thing" BS. Maybe thats an explanation for it, but its not an excuse. Americans are loud as a culture, and when we go to europe and bother everyone, they dont all stop and say "oh, its a cultural thing". To them, its an asshole thing, whether its cultural to us or not.

Same with the mexicans.

When in rome....

LOL, you really don't know ANYTHING, do you?

Go to Spain or Italy, you will feel like you were in Mexico, you are so dense it isn't even amusing. You have never been out of your home state, have you, and DEFINENTLY not in Europe.

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Klixxer
Originally posted by: BD2003

Same with the mexicans.

When in rome....

LOL, you really don't know ANYTHING, do you?

Go to Spain or Italy, you will feel like you were in Mexico, you are so dense it isn't even amusing. You have never been out of your home state, have you, and DEFINENTLY not in Europe.

WTF are you talking about? Youre being the dense one. Now read closely. Like I said, maybe its cool around there, but its not cool around here. Mexico, italy, greece, spain, uruguay, it doesnt matter.

Here in america, it is not appreciated, cultural thing or not.

calygyrl

Mar 17, 2015
It is now 11 years after this original post and it still true.
I get stared at all the time by Latino men and I am an average girl like many, many other girls who also get stared at.

So yes, they still stare, it is still disrespectful and feels so violating. I wish they wouldn't - there are certain places I avoid going to not be in situations where I know I will have to deal with this. People can think whatever they please and we all look at other strangers when we're out and about - but when looking turns into ogling to the point where it is extremely uncomfortable for the other person =not good...

Last edited:

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
When I'm hanging out with my girlfriend it seems like if we walk past a group of mexican guys, whether its in the supermarket or anywhere, they just blatantly stare at her. It's not even subtle at all, they'll swivel their heads and follow. Is it just me being being paranoid? Sorry if this sounds racist, but ive really only noticed this w/ mexican males.

how do you know they aren't checking you out?

your post answers your title question, so why did you need to ask it?

PieIsAwesome

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2007
While we're on the subject of Mexican stereotypes.... what is with their hair? In my area, Mexican usually have a couple different hairstyles:

Long, mullet-like hair but the sides are totally shaved.

Front end of their hair is maybe 1-2" long, like bangs, but then their head is shaved.

Hair split down the middle, with a bowl cut. Popular when I was about 10 years old. Always popular with the mexicans.

I have never seen any of this.

The staring is stupidness and lack of education. Which, admittedly, could describe a lot of these people considering the state that Mexico is in and the sort that immigrate over here.

<---- Born in Mexico to Mexican parents & lives in SoCal

Last edited:

PenguinPower

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2002
Sorry, why wasn't Mo0o chastised, publicly flogged, and unceremoniously perma-banned for his racist post?!? *looks at date* Ah...simpler times.

phucheneh

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2012
Racist and a necro thread, but not to worry! No reason to lock this as long as no one mentions black people...