Do me and yourself this favor. Tell your parents you love them :)

monk3y

Lifer
Jun 12, 2001
I talked to my mom on the phone today and i realized that all i've done since i became around 14 is fight with her. I love her to death but i seem to always argue with her. For the first time in probably 6 years i told her how much i love her and how special she is. I know many of you probably have similar relationships with parents...

Do me and yourself a favor.

If you haven't told your parents you love them in a while. Take a moment in the next few days and tell them.

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
That is a great idea. I have a close relationship with my mom, but I was thinking the other day that I complain too much to her. I usually end up irritated or something and I need to chill out sometimes. I think this is a good idea. You can make your parents' day with an 'I love you' or a simple card. I tell my mom all the time that I love her...I just need to show it more.

Again, great idea! :D

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
I show them both I love them everyday, by not STRANGLING them with my bare hands j/k :)

Excellent idea, never wait till its too late to tell EVERYONE around you how much you love them, you never know when it could be &quot;I shoulda.&quot; :(

Cougar

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2000
hmmm, I can't remember the last time I actually said &quot;I love you&quot; to my parents, but hopefully it's apparent by my actions. I can't even remember the last time we actually fought or got into an argument about anything. We get along pretty well.

Carbo

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2000
As a father of two daughters, 13 and 4, I can tell you that what InstincT said is so true. My older one and I battle constantly, and in doing so, I'm sure we've both lost sight of the bigger picture: we're a family, and we love one another. Fighting and arguing become a habit, with communication and love the victims.

Mikal

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2001
Awwwwwww, man! My parents and I have gotten along great since I moved out so many years ago! :)

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999

<< affection != sign of weakness >>

No. No it doesn't. Affection is a great thing. :)