Do international laws about wars count?

bandana163

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2003
As far as I know, the US attacked Iraq with no solid proof. The 'Uranium Case' is another twist, but the question remains: can Bush be found guilty in 'sins of war' or such like Milosevich?
Attacking a non-threatening country which doesn't attack first is not a legal solution. In law there is no 'pre-empitive strike' and it was clearly no self-defense of the US.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
The day you see any US official affiliated to this administration idicted on war crimes will be the day Bin Ladin will pose nude for Playgirl. Ain't going to happen. International rules and regs don't apply to us. Want a simple example? Remember the outcry when Iraqi media showed those American troops being interrogated? Remember the administration screaming that the Iraqis were violating the Geneva Conventions? Notice how nothing was said about footage of us strip searching hundreds of Iraqi soldiers, tieing them up and marching them off into the horizon. No one had qualms about showing footage of hundreds of dead Iraqi soldiers. No one cried foul then. But show an American and it's game over man. Rules are good only if they do not apply to us.

bandana163

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2003
Good point.
'If you are high enough, you are invincible.' What an amazing old saying, still going strong.
Interestingly enough, no proof has been recovered ever since. No weapons of mass-destruction.
I've been watching Iraqui sat. TV for months, and when the Americans seized Iraq, the broadcast stopped. There was no broadcast ever since. The taste of democracy?

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Vaerilis
Good point.
'If you are high enough, you are invincible.' What an amazing old saying, still going strong.
Interestingly enough, no proof has been recovered ever since. No weapons of mass-destruction.
I've been watching Iraqui sat. TV for months, and when the Americans seized Iraq, the broadcast stopped. There was no broadcast ever since. The taste of democracy?

Don't foreget our "accidental" bombing of Al Jazeera. What's it matter though, we can get fair and balanced reporting about Iraq from Fox News.

bandana163

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2003
ROFL, OK I see. I watched Fox News 'fair and balanced' for a while, but I found out that it's an itty-bit biased. I watch EuroNews ever since. Plus, i think, too. I guess I wouldn't be a true American. I should be shot on sight.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
ROFL, OK I see. I watched Fox News 'fair and balanced' for a while, but I found out that it's an itty-bit biased. I watch EuroNews ever since. Plus, i think, too. I guess I wouldn't be a true American. I should be shot on sight.

Welcome to the Liberal Playground where everything is doom and gloom and it is all Bush's fault. :)

You'll soon see that you'll fit right into the whining and pouting sessions that frequently erupt here.:p

Good day.

CkG

Edit - sorry for being rude and not introducing myself;) Me=CkG The guy who people think is GWB, a warmonger, bush-apologist, oil loving facist, Clinton hater, etc, etc etc. Infact I am none of those.:)
I truely hope you don't fall into the category I implied you did above - but your posts here so far lead me to believe that you will or alread do. I'm sure we'll meet again along the trail.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

Welcome to the Liberal Playground where everything is doom and gloom and it is all Bush's fault. :)

You'll soon see that you'll fit right into the whining and pouting sessions that frequently erupt here.:p

Good day.

CkG

Come on DkG, are you really going to say that the whole Geneva Convention scandal was liberal BS? You know the double standard.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: LilBlinbBlahIce

Good day.

CkG

Come on DkG, are you really going to say that the whole Geneva Convention scandal was liberal BS? You know the double standard.

Scandal? To what exactly are you referencing?

Oh and to Vaerilis' original question(the one in your post not the title of the thread ;) ) - No.

CkG

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Good day.

CkG

Oh and to Vaerilis' original question(the one in your post not the title of the thread ;) ) - No.

CkG

.... Texmaster?

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
My bad, I should not have used scandal, lets call it "issue". Read my post where I was talking about the treatment of US prisonors and the ensuing outcry.

bandana163

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2003
What's the promised full media coverage on the war? Where were the Iraqi soldiers and vehicles? Can 2K tanks and 400 aircraft disappear along with millions of soldiers?

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
What's the promised full media coverage on the war? Where were the Iraqi soldiers and vehicles? Can 2K tanks and 400 aircraft disappear along with millions of soldiers?

The US military does not count military casualties, so we'll never know how many Iraqi soldiers died. I'm sure they were in the tens of thousands.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Czar

Good day.

CkG

CkG

.... Texmaster?

Heh - wrong again ;)

CkG

bandana163

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2003
Losses on the US side are 'very strange'. They often said in the news: the US forces encountered Iraqi warriors in the city of *****. About 100 Iraqi soldiers are wounded, no reports of US losses. Fair and balanced, eh?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
My bad, I should not have used scandal, lets call it "issue". Read my post where I was talking about the treatment of US prisonors and the ensuing outcry.

Afganistan, is shaky at best and only if you can prove mistreatment at gitmo was the norm, but still shaky at best. No firm foundation for a case as Afganistan was not a "war".

CkG

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Losses on the US side are 'very strange'. They often said in the news: the US forces encountered Iraqi warriors in the city of *****. About 100 Iraqi soldiers are wounded, no reports of US losses. Fair and balanced, eh?

That means there were no known casualites on the coalition side and they kicked a little ass. Point you are trying to make is?

CkG

bandana163

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2003
When two armies clash, people on both sides die, mostly.
The US army isn't invincible, either.
Or can they be only killed by each other?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Caddy is an optimist. His motto is that till the sky actually hits the ground nobody can say it's falling just as a horse with blinders thinks it has no behind.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Want a simple example? Remember the outcry when Iraqi media showed those American troops being interrogated? Remember the administration screaming that the Iraqis were violating the Geneva Conventions? Notice how nothing was said about footage of us strip searching hundreds of Iraqi soldiers, tieing them up and marching them off into the horizon. No one had qualms about showing footage of hundreds of dead Iraqi soldiers. No one cried foul then.

Well lets tell the whole story shall we. The US POW's were in captivity, in a closed room and were being interrogated. Cameras were brought in specifically to braodcast the event. How many times have you seen footage of our prisoners being interrogated in Afghanistan, Cuba or in Iraq? What's that you say? None? However, after the hue and cry emanating from the Pentagon, the point was made that we were allowing the POW's to be filmed. We aksed the news agencies to stop, most of them did although it was almost impossible to control. You haven't seen a picture of an Iraq POW since then and you certainly haven't seen one that was sanctioned by the .gov like the Iraqis did. As far as the dead soldiers are concerned you'll have to show me where the GC says you can't photograph them.

bandana163

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2003
CAD, After waging a most illegal war on Iraq, the filming of prisoners is nothing compared to the death and wounding of thousands of innocents who live in "the wrong country".

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Caddy is an optimist. His motto is that till the sky actually hits the ground nobody can say it's falling just as a horse with blinders thinks it has no behind.

I don't think it is a totally sunny day, but that doesn't prevent me from going about my life without worrying if it is going to rain. You my freind seem to always have your eye to the sky ready to proclaim doomsday or is your head tilted upward so as to get a better look down your nose? ;)

CkG

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
CAD, After waging a most illegal war on Iraq, the filming of prisoners is nothing compared to the death and wounding of thousands of innocents who live in "the wrong country".

You assume the war was illegal. It was not.
Your emotion rhetoric doesn't play - using emotion to judge doesn't help your "case".

CkG

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

You assume the war was illegal. It was not.
Your emotion rhetoric doesn't play - using emotion to judge doesn't help your "case".

CkG

it was illegal under the pretext the US admin used, there is no doubt about that