do illegal immigrants really have it better?

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
i keep hearing that illegals have it better than citizens, all this support from the govt, no need to pay for insurance or get drivers licenses, no paying taxes, etc etc.

is this really true?

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Agreed.

How are illegal aliens treated in other first world democracy's? Would any of us expect to be able to sneak into Canada, obtain work, enjoy the educational and health care systems while sending money back to our families in the US?

I say this as a son of a legal immigrant. But our current system does not allow for a diverse and sustainable immigration and border policy.

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
"do illegal immigrants really have it better?"

I guess it's possible but when you look at some of the work they do (picking crops comes to mind) not all of them have it better.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
They have it better than immigrants in the past did. The modern welfare state started in the 1930s just when the last mass migration from Europe was ending. Before that immigrants really made their own way. The only real public service beyond law and order was education and kids didn't go to school very long in the 19th century and they certainly didn't have giant football teams and stuff like that. We're talking small country schools with multiple grades to a class.

These days things are different. You cross the border with your multiple children and you are automatically entitled to certain first world services like health care and education. Meanwhile you pay at most a couple thousand in state taxes every year with your low income job. You are getting way more than you put into the system an an illegal immigrant.

And while people may complain that they are still poor, they are moving up from what they had in Mexico or whatever other central American country they came from. It's an improvement. Meanwhile the average citizen is losing wages in this country. They're stressing out about preserving the middle-class lifestyle they were born into and sometimes they're falling into poverty.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
Agreed.

How are illegal aliens treated in other first world democracy's? Would any of us expect to be able to sneak into Canada, obtain work, enjoy the educational and health care systems while sending money back to our families in the US?

I say this as a son of a legal immigrant. But our current system does not allow for a diverse and sustainable immigration and border policy.

Illegals in other first world countries do ok from what I hear. France has 6-10 million Muslims, try sorting out the illegals [Muslim ones] from that group when they blend in with millions of the other Muslims who are also of North African descent. Likewise with the US, try sorting out the illegal hispanics from the legal 40 million Hispanics...Its not easy. And its not politically correct, its political suicide actually. The bottom line with our tolerance of illegals [from Politicians atleast] is Politics and votes, no one wants to be "that" guy who shouts that he is going to remove all illegals...Since a second after he says that he will be branded a racist / other naughty word and exiled forever from Politics.

Western Europe and Canada are no different. "Racist" is what all Politicians dont want to be called in the West these days, even if it means betraying their country.

And to directly answer your question, illegals do get free medical and money in Europe. Im not sure about Canada though. But Europe is something else...There were some Somalian illegals in Sweden a year ago who were complaining about the size of their [free] house. It should have been bigger in their opinion...It was the size of a large house in the US and had enough rooms for her 8 kids. And free water and electric to boot. The UK and various other West European countries are just as bad. Even Italy has "illegals" now. The EU is far ahead of the US in political correctness so far.

Last edited:

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
I'm more curious where brianmanahan is hearing this, is he hanging with the Aryan Nation? I know of no one who has made this claim.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
better than they should..... as posted above.

they get things that as a tax paying citizen I don't qualify for

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
It's no fun (not much fun) being an illegal alien, I tell ya that
It's no fun being an illegal alien, I tell ya
It's no fun being an illegal alien, no no no
It's no fun (not bloody much fun) being an illegal alien,
It's no fun being an illegal alien, and that's what I am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_61hzuGGJX0

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
They have it better than they should

This.

Not better than us, yet. But the Democrats shit on American rights more and more each year and they want to let illegals run around not paying taxes, not following laws, hanging out even after they commit further crimes.

I already accepted long ago they are going to take over, but I refuse to like it.
In the meantime I'm trying to learn Spanish, since 10/11 of them are Latin.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
i keep hearing that illegals have it better than citizens, all this support from the govt, no need to pay for insurance or get drivers licenses, no paying taxes, etc etc.

is this really true?
I've never seen anybody say they have it better.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Depends on skin color ... if your white and illegal then the answer is No, you don't have it any better...

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
People coming here to farm our fields, mow our lawns, wash our dishes, and clean our toilets are the biggest threat we face? Are you kidding me?

I deal with a lot of folks who work at Caterpiller. Most of them are Chinese and Korean. And they're really good, hard working people. I respect them a great deal.

But they're also doing jobs that we don't want to do, or apparently aren't capable of. Should we resent them as well?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
People coming here to farm our fields, mow our lawns, wash our dishes, and clean our toilets are the biggest threat we face? Are you kidding me?

I deal with a lot of folks who work at Caterpiller. Most of them are Chinese and Korean. And they're really good, hard working people. I respect them a great deal.

But they're also doing jobs that we don't want to do, or apparently aren't capable of. Should we resent them as well?

I really wish people would stop saying "jobs WE dont want to do". I'm not as proud or arrogant as you guys and I wish you'd stop lumping me in your category. I wanna work and I dont care what it is. Because I'm a white American its expected I'd demand at least minimum wage and most employers wont even talk to me.

I want them OUT! And I want soft spoiled lazy welfare leeches to take their fucking jobs back and learn a thing or two about life.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Agreed.

Depends where you are from. A Harvard educated American with published research and a long list of life accomplishments would be kicked out of Canada immediately. An uneducated Chinese man who can't speak English would be allowed to stay because..... something something sending people to China is cruel and unusual.
I really wish I were joking.

I've never seen anybody say they have it better.
What people mean is proportionally better. As a legal American you pay taxes and you get things like education and emergency hospital care. As an illegal immigrant you DO NOT pay taxes, but your kids still get to attend school and you still get emergency medical care. You get the same basic services but you don't need to pay for any of them.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Anyone who thinks illegals have it better because they don't pay for services that a taxpayer does but still receive them needs to question why they don't apply the same standard to the poor or the people who don't pay any taxes and are citizens. Sure the illegal immigrant is illegal but if you are basing your angst against them on taxes then apply that to all who don't pay. I see less people angry because they are illegal but more so just because of what they don't pay for.

Last edited:

modestninja

Jul 17, 2003
When my wife worked for a restaurant, most of the back of the restaurant staff were illegal and unlike what some of the people here are saying, they all paid taxes and since they were using sketchy means (SS# that weren't theirs) they couldn't file tax returns to get any of it back.

Also, look at Alabama. After they passed their tough immigration laws there isn't anyone willing to pick the tomatoes so apparently the tomatoes are rotting in the fields... From what I've heard, the farmers have raised their wages to above minimum wage and still can't attract legal workers. I can't blame them, I've picked grapes for a few weeks in New Zealand (for better than minimum wage) and it's hard, boring, unrewarding work. I can't even imagine how badly picking something like potatoes, lettuce or strawberries would destroy your back...

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Anyone who thinks illegals have it better because they don't pay for services that a taxpayer does but still receive them needs to question why they don't apply the same standard to the poor or the people who don't pay any taxes and are citizens.

Don't play into it - we still haven't even determined who has said such things

mammador

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2010
depends. Illegal immigration in a US/Canada context makes little sense anyhow.

There is no singular US culture (and never has been), so arguments against immigration in the country make little sense. A Southerner from Alabama has a different culture to a Californian by and large. Again, it's as it has always been.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
Depends on skin color ... if your white and illegal then the answer is No, you don't have it any better...

A White Hispanic is win win though. One of my friends looks as though he is German or Irish but his folks are from Cuba. So guess what ? Yep he receives benefits for being a hispanic, including scholarships, diversity quotas helping him get into schools etc. Outside of that though, if you are just a regular cracker then there is no benefit.