Do I have to reformat?

YoungChowFun

Feb 1, 2003
Hey guys. Just wondering. I recently recieved an FIC AU11 (aka the ((% 8rda wannabe.) My previous mb was an msi kt3ultra (kt333.) I know that reformatting is the best thing to do, but I was too lazy to. I just replaced the mb, got rid of via drivers w/ driver cleaner, and installed the nforce drivers. It's stable at stock speeds. However, I have a kingston pc3200 and when I overclock to 166fsb, it's not stable. Oh yah, I have a 2100 dut3c chip. I did all the necessary things, upping the voltage, different timings and everything. Wondering, would a clean format in anyway make my system more stable? And the blue screen of death never showed, it was either a program crash or a computer freeze. Please help.

Tikerz

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Whenever I do a motherboard swap, I always do a clean install. I highly recommend it actually. It gets rid of all the 'bugs' and excess baggage from the other motherboard.

pspada

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2002
But you may first trying running at the default settings, to see if some or all of the oc is causing the problems. If the problem does not reoccur, you can then again start overclocking in small increments until it does again get flaky.