Do birds aim?

morkinva

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
They always seem to be looking down at you from power lines, waiting in ambuscade. Do they purposely fire upon people and cars?

ROTC1983

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2002
I think so, they seem to wait and lurk till I leave my car wide open...then....bam...crap all over.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Doubtful, although seagulls I believe can aim rocks they drop onto oysters and what not to break them open.

NewSc2

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
jeez, what's with you guys. OF COURSE they try to aim for you morkinva =P you didn't know that all birds just fly around and try to aim for the little kids' heads playing in the playground? yup, nope they don't just crap, they try to crap on people (sometimes this requires complex physics calculations in their heads, you know, distance = vt + 1/2at^2)

morkinva

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
Originally posted by: NewSc2
jeez, what's with you guys. OF COURSE they try to aim for you morkinva =P you didn't know that all birds just fly around and try to aim for the little kids' heads playing in the playground? yup, nope they don't just crap, they try to crap on people (sometimes this requires complex physics calculations in their heads, you know, distance = vt + 1/2at^2)

lol - actually, I've never been hit by one on my person. Only on my car when parked under a power line. So I really have no proof that they aim. Besides, they're pretty stupid animals. What would be the purpose of aiming?

slycat

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
ive been pooped on my shoulder and head by pigeons i think...
also saw it happen to others before...
if its fresh like that..it doesn't really stink

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: slycat
ive been pooped on my shoulder and head by pigeons i think...
also saw it happen to others before...
if its fresh like that..it doesn't really stink

sh!t always stinks

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
lol - actually, I've never been hit by one on my person. Only on my car when parked under a power line. So I really have no proof that they aim. Besides, they're pretty stupid animals. What would be the purpose of aiming?

Your person huh?, one wonders just what exactly your referring to ;):p. I second the dumb bird comment, god those things are beyond retarted. My mom brought a parakeet(sp) home one day, I've wanted to chop its head off ever since. It never shuts up, a car door closed outside my house= 3 hours of ear piercing chirping. One day I will kill that bird..........., one day..............

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
Birds try to aim for water...however, they aren't geniuses so they go for something 'shiny' - which is why your car gets hit. I doubt there is a ton of crap on the roof of your house however.

ATLien247

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
When I was at one my wife's friend's house this summer for a BBQ, I noticed that they had a lot of bird sh|t all over their house and patio furniture. It was disgusting!

Anyhow, as I was enjoying a beer and playing horseshoes, I noticed that there were a bunch of sparrows flying around an old barn that was adjacent to the the back yard. I watched at least three or four of those bastards fly towards the yard, drop their load, and then turn back from whence they came... all in a period of about 15 minutes.

So, yes, they do aim...

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
One dived bomb me and nearly made me crash on my motorcycle. Splashed from my right hand all the way up my arm and to the top of my helmet! Damn near blinded me!:disgust:

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
I've nearly been hit by seagulls (no not their sh!t, by the actual seagull). I will be out on my waverunner going 60 mph, and a whole pack of god-damned seagull's dive bombs in front of me, if I don't duck my head, I'll lose a fvcking eye. It's fun to play chicken with them too, they just won't budge. Try going head-on with one on the water, if you don't move your head, you're going down.

sten

Feb 4, 2001

I swear a crow deliberately tried to bomb a wild turkey on our farm 2 weeks ago. About 11 turkeys were feeding across a field, and some crows flew up in a tree nearby. After about a minute one crow glided out real slow and dropped a daisy cutter within 5 feet of one of the turkeys. I could see it from 80 yards away! There's no love lost between crows and turkeys, and crows will do all kinds of stuff to mess with them.