Do Aussies always ask lots of questions?

santokki

Sep 26, 2000
I know a few Australians ... and they're always asking lots and lots of questions. Do you know any Aussies? What are they like?

pulpp

Platinum Member
May 14, 2001
i have some friends from aussie, and i must say they are some of the nicest people i had the pleasure of meeting, they can take almost any kind of joke and honestly laugh about it, they act alittle crazy sometimes in a funny way, cracks me up, and yes sharon used to ask a ton of question, we would debate for hours and its always fun

SammyBoy

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2001
i have a friend whoes from oz and im not sure if he asks a lot of questions or not. i think hes kind of average. his whole family cracks me up. his dad calls us F**King AMERICAN TURKEYS!!!! every time we come over.

its great

MCS

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2000
Australians answer their OWN questions:

"What's your favourite colour blue?"
"What's your favourite pass-time sport?"
"What's your name Bruce?"

:)

Gorgonzola

Golden Member
Nov 22, 1999

<< Do Aussies always ask lots of questions? >>

im an aussie, and no i dont believe so.

this is as stupid as me posting topic titled &quot;are all americans obsessed with themselves and their country?&quot;

TripleJ

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2001
Yeah, we ask heaps of questions because we're insecure, misguided and don't know much. ;)

One thing I've noticed with the English is they try to answer questions for you. Such as:

How are you, good yeah?

And they end everything with 'yeah' to make up for the fact that they can't form a sentence into a question.

What a great goal, yeah?
I think that's a great pub, yeah?

Kosugi

Jan 9, 2001
Aussies are cool, same as Kiwis.

Haven't met any I didn't like, and I met a few.

Heh, they always want to drive my car though... Actually, they keep forgetting that our steering wheels are on the left hand side of the car, whereas &quot;down-under&quot; they are on the right. So when they go to get in the passenger side of the car, they actually get in the driver side, then we have to switch.

Always get a chuckle out of that.

If they are asking questions alot, its because they are trying to convert english units to metric units. Temperature is a common one.

TripleJ

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2001
Yay, we're 'cool'. I am no longer insecure. ;)
I'll go tell Shazza and Macca here in Down Under. ;)