Do any of you momos put honey on your corn bread?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Rarely have it, but would. Molasses is the first thing I consider when having it though.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
If not, why not?

I'll give you some honey on your corn-bread! :p

special-sauce.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
It was the cake reference. The sweet vs. unsweet corn bread feud runs deeper and more bitterly than any political or sectarian disagreement.
Weirdly I don't think I've ever heard of this, and don't think I knew unsweet corn bread was a thing (and I can't see why it would bother existing).

it was shocking the first time I encountered corn bread with actual whole corn kernels in it. Disgusting.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Weirdly I don't think I've ever heard of this, and don't think I knew unsweet corn bread was a thing (and I can't see why it would bother existing).

it was shocking the first time I encountered corn bread with actual whole corn kernels in it. Disgusting.

My mom only served unsweetened cornbread, I think specifically cuz we added butter and honey. Maybe how she was raised.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
It was the cake reference. The sweet vs. unsweet corn bread feud runs deeper and more bitterly than any political or sectarian disagreement.
Ohh interesting, unintentional troll! In TX I only ever had sweet cornbread, usually with some kind of jalapenos in it. I don't think it was ever an inordinate amount of sugar, just sweet corn and a bit of brown sugar or something.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Stiff Clamp

Feb 3, 2021
I try to avoid breads, chips, cereals, tortillas, etc made with corn flour.
Never really solved the "what to put on cornbread" conundrum. Maybe the internet knows.
Honey butter does sound good - it's what I smear on my croissants.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

I'm assuming whole wheat or oat grains in their respective breads would also gross you out? (considering its exactly the same thing lol)

;)

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I try to avoid breads, chips, cereals, tortillas, etc made with corn flour.
Never really solved the "what to put on cornbread" conundrum. Maybe the internet knows.
Honey butter does sound good - it's what I smear on my croissants.

Corn based wraps are actually somewhat healthier then most of the "flour" variety provided they're not fried in lard. (which DOES taste the best!)

Most processed corn cereal, chips and other assorted processed junk however has every bit of nutritional value destroyed.

First I've heard of this one... have I been missing out on a chance for endless AND pointless debate ?!?

:eek: