Do antibiotics show up on drug test?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Originally posted by: JohnCU
Originally posted by: Blackjack200
Someone with a prescription for Xanax could do the same thing. Someone could also get tanked up on alcohol, I don't see how this is an argument for workplace drug testing. BTW, I'm not sure what you do.

that's hmm that's a good point, but we also have breathalyzers too.
<--- EE in nuclear power

In situations such as yours, where a person could put others in jeopardy by using drugs, I would support testing for significant amounts. So if the quantity of Xanax in your system indicated an altered state, they could take action.

I think drug testing in other situations is rediculous.

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Someone with a prescription for Xanax could do the same thing. Someone could also get tanked up on alcohol, I don't see how this is an argument for workplace drug testing. BTW, I'm not sure what you do.

<--- EE in nuclear power

In situations such as yours, where a person could put others in jeopardy by using drugs, I would support testing for significant amounts. So if the quantity of Xanax in your system indicated an altered state, they could take action.

agreed. working at mcdonalds? not so much.

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004

<--- EE in nuclear power

Don't blame employers, blame the Worker's Compensation insurance. We get a nice discount if we're "Drug-Free Certified."

I don't agree with random testing (even though I have to do it) but I do agree with testing, and all the invasiveness that comes with it, if someone is acting like they're under the influence of something.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Originally posted by: SacrosanctFiend
Don't blame employers, blame the Worker's Compensation insurance. We get a nice discount if we're "Drug-Free Certified."

I don't agree with random testing (even though I have to do it) but I do agree with testing, and all the invasiveness that comes with it, if someone is acting like they're under the influence of something.

I agree, I don't blame the employer at all. If I was an employer I would test too, even without the worker's comp break. If something happened at the job site, and it turned out the employee was on something, then I can imagine that in this litigious society someone could sue me since I wasn't testing my employees.

I think if someone is acting like like they are on something, that should be reason enough to fire them. You have my sympathy on that one too as I know it can be a nightmare to fire someone without a smoking gun like a positive drug test.