DNI will no longer brief Congress in person on election security over leak concerns

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Anyone believe this is really about leaks? More likely they don't want Democratic members of Congress cross examining intelligence officials thereby getting the full story.

BTW - If it was really about the leaks written briefings can be leaked just as easily, if that is really happening.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
These things that Trump pulls always backfires. Donald is just digging himself in deeper and deeper.

Feb 4, 2009
Totally normal.....
I can’t wait until there is a D President.

I assume only Mitt and maybe someone else who is R has spoken about this.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yup, total nonsense, would written reports suddenly become "leak proof"?, as asinine as it gets.

They just want to prevent unauthorized disclosures to Congress that might arise from questioning the DNI. This way, he can't slip up. Oh, and China!, of course.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Anyone want to tell me why this information shouldn’t be made public in some form or another?

Good thing this is the people’s government and not trumps!/s

• Haha

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Just another little cut that most people will forget about because it didn't cause an immediate hemorrhage.

Just another step along the path that right-wing authoritarians can't wait to get to.

Taking a step back to look at Trump's various acts of malfeasance, his scoffing at the traditions and norms that have been essential traditions that actually identify who we are as Americans and what principles our nation represents and promotes, his abandonment of the Rule of Law and his trampling of the Oath of Office he swore to uphold, his ignorance of and his indignant treatment of Our Constitution in his effort to rule as he sees fit, it's all out there for all to see, for all to keep in mind as we vote again this coming November.

These are the accomplishments that Trump rests his laurels on. The lies, the con jobs, the quid pro quo, the racist dialogue he broadcasts to the world, the unfulfilled empty promises he made to the people, his many cohorts that got convicted and so much more.

This is what Trump's supporters are voting to have repeated for another four years, to have accelerated, to have our nation transformed into this weird blend of autocratic/plutocratic/religious zealotry and racist isolationism.

I really do hope the nation's people can overcome this trance Trump has put them under and see through clear eyes what Trump is really all about, that being himself above all others, above all laws, above all norms and traditions.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Anyone want to tell me why this information shouldn’t be made public in some form or another?

Good thing this is the people’s government and not trumps!/s
As long as they are not describing how they obtained the information, then it should all be made public.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Another move on Trump's fascist checker board game of thrones. Wait 'til it gets real close to November to see what kind of "advice" Putin has "suggested" Trump take in order to maximize his chances of getting reelected. It'll look a lot like how Putin himself ensures that he stays in power forever.

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004
This is what the GOP senate wanted. Now they can savor all the crooked shit that's been simmering over the last 3 years.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Do they add spoiler tags to the written report as well?

These things that Trump pulls always backfires. Donald is just digging himself in deeper and deeper.

I'd like to think so, but I'll only believe it on Jan 20th.

Meanwhile the Ds need to go at Trump/gop all guns blazing.
Not feeling that right now.

Still feel like it's 18th century dualists vs kgb hitmen.