DNC host's tax-free gas evaporates

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Cities and states give huge tax abatements to lure conventions. This one was just ill concieved.
I guess the next time some southern state lures a northern company (just an example) to get a factory or some country, like the US gives a tax credit to lure an industry my Republican friends will be just as quick to criticize.

Bwwaaah. I made a funny.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
So killing the fed gas tax was bad for us, but canceling the federal and state tax woulod have been good for them. Go figure.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It never ceases to amaze me just how progressive the neoconservatives really are.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Budmantom
Originally posted by: Vic
It never ceases to amaze me just how progressive the neoconservatives really are.

Liberals are giving and loving....

Uh, who cares? I was never an Edwards supporter.

My point is that always wanting to pass some new bit of legislation or agenda is about as far away from conservative as one can get. For example, the gas tax 'holiday' you support is downright populist. And yet -- somehow -- you call yourself a conservative. This is BTW why neoconservatism failed. You're not conservative.

But wait, why am I bothering with you? You're the tool who thinks liberalism is akin to communism. You don't know jack about political and economic theory except what the pundits tell you.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
My point is that always wanting to pass some new bit of legislation or agenda is about as far away from conservative as one can get.

For example, the gas tax 'holiday' you support is downright populist.

And yet -- somehow -- you call yourself a conservative.

This is BTW why neoconservatism failed. You're not conservative.

But wait, why am I bothering with you? You're the tool who thinks liberalism is akin to communism.

You don't know jack about political and economic theory except what the pundits tell you.

Neoconservatism failed? When, where?

They still rule the planet and have an excellent chance of still ruling after November.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Neoconservatism failed? When, where?

They still rule the planet and have an excellent chance of still ruling after November.

You just think this because you're an irrational pessimist, Dave.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002

My point is that always wanting to pass some new bit of legislation or agenda is about as far away from conservative as one can get. For example, the gas tax 'holiday' you support is downright populist. And yet -- somehow -- you call yourself a conservative. This is BTW why neoconservatism failed. You're not conservative.

But wait, why am I bothering with you? You're the tool who thinks liberalism is akin to communism. You don't know jack about political and economic theory except what the pundits tell you.

Your right liberals don't care, even the 3 that supported Edwards.

When did I say that I supported gas tax holiday?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

So you were just trolling then?

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002

So you were just trolling then?

When and where did I indicate that I supported the tax holiday?