DNC (Democratic National Convention) Thread

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
"Arithmetic!'

Hilarious. The problem I see is Clinton is too good. The crowd keeps chanting, "Four more years," but I think they mean Clinton instead of Obama.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Tuned in for a few minutes and won't linger.

Very disappointed in the Clinton speech.

He is supposed to represent the American future? Forward, and all that?

His speech is running on and on trying to rebut the Republicans? What is the point? To provide sound bites for tomorrow's morning papers?

Billy Bob was always best with platitudes and glad-handing, now he comes across as a shill.

All I can think of here is... Vince.

vince-the-huckster1.jpg

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Tuned in for a few minutes and won't linger.

Very disappointed in the Clinton speech. ...
No doubt. He eviscerated the Romney platform and made a powerful case for the achievements and the forward direction of Obama. It was your worst nightmare.

Billy Bob was always best with platitudes and glad-handing, now he comes across as a shill.
Only in your desperate partisan dreams.

All I can think of here is... Vince.
It's OK. We're sure you'll think of more in the morning ... once Breitbart tells you what to think again.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
No doubt. He eviscerated the Romney platform and made a powerful case for the achievements and the forward direction of Obama.

Seriously? I found this interminably long and rambling speech to have been almost entirely backwards looking.

It was extraordinarily self-indulgent, but that does define Clinton as much as Obama.

Clinton took almost an hour to play defense and no one will remember what he said tomorrow. Ryan can make the same points in ten minutes and that is crucial to making a case.

It did play to the crowd, but that audience drinks Kool-Aid all day long.

Oh well, he laid out a bunch of talking points that you and the other Dems will repeat to everyone else's maximum boredom. At least until Obama pontificates tomorrow! D:

P.S. Remember that Obama was waiting behind the curtain. For. The. Entire. Speech.

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

Waiting for Clinton to finish.

I think Clinton ran his speech out that long as a comeback against Obama.

What do you think? :awe:

Last edited:

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
[ ... ]
Dance, little puppet, dance. I think you're a liar and a shill, desperately trying to compensate for your lack of official talking points by inventing random poo to fling. It's the same sad act you tried last night with Michelle Obama, and it's falling just as flat. Fortunately, we won't have to take my word for it. The polls in a day or three will document just how potent Clinton's speech was. They will show you failed again.

Have a good evening PJenna. Your job has suddenly become much more difficult.

lothar

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2000
Thanked them for what?
Not sure.
He introduced the Kansas delegation.
The state of Katherine Sebilus, Sam Brownback, etc...I believe I heard Koch brothers.

As soon as this convention stuff is up online, go straight to the Kansas part.
I believe I heard Koch brothers.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Seriously? I found this interminably long and rambling speech to have been almost entirely backwards looking.

It was extraordinarily self-indulgent, but that does define Clinton as much as Obama.

Clinton took almost an hour to play defense and no one will remember what he said tomorrow. Ryan can make the same points in ten minutes and that is crucial to making a case.

It did play to the crowd, but that audience drinks Kool-Aid all day long.

Oh well, he laid out a bunch of talking points that you and the other Dems will repeat to everyone else's maximum boredom. At least until Obama pontificates tomorrow! D:

P.S. Remember that Obama was waiting behind the curtain. For. The. Entire. Speech.

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

Waiting for Clinton to finish.

I think Clinton ran his speech out that long as a comeback against Obama.

Did you really just watch Krauthammer on Fox News and repeat what he said? That's just sad.. At least give him the credit for his words.

Oct 16, 1999
Speaking of giving credit to Krauthammer for his words, he deserves full credit for this nugget...

Fox News analyst Charles Krauthammer claimed Wednesday that there was no way officials moved President Barack Obama's speech indoors due to concerns about the weather, saying Democrats have known what Thursday's weather will be for "months."

"It wasn't the weather, they knew what the weather was going to be months ago. This was clearly a response to the fear of a sea of empty seats, and that's why this is being done," Krauthammer said.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/krauthammer-dnc-has-known-what-weather-will-be

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Did you really just watch Krauthammer on Fox News and repeat what he said? That's just sad.. At least give him the credit for his words.

Someone's job as paid shill just got a LOT harder...

He can't go off script, it is hilarious to watch him after a current event ramble on incoherently until the talking points memo has been posted or he C&P someone else's words. Pathetic POS.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Someone's job as paid shill just got a LOT harder...

He can't go off script, it is hilarious to watch him after a current event ramble on incoherently until the talking points memo has been posted or he C&P someone else's words. Pathetic POS.

Maybe the GOP will cancel his contract due to incompetent performance. A good shill must be convincing. He sucks at that. Clinton knocked it out of the park. It was the best speech I heard in years.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Yeah everyone knows Obama has a hard time drawing crowds, especially to major speeches.

I got a chuckle out the sour grapes GOP ramblings about the weather just being an excuse. Another one of those damn if he does (draw a crowd) and damned if he doesn't criticisms the GOP pundits seem to thrive on. Inconsistency, like fact checking, be damned.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001

I was working at home last night on one monitor, watching the football game and had two video feeds on a second monitor (love those Achieva Shimian QH270-Lites :wub:), and I don't recall listening to Krauthammer specifically.

However, from his mouth to my ear to ATPN works for me! He's the man!

Oh, BTW, to all of you petty internet Demo tyrants out there -

haters-mickey.gif

:D