DLGDIAG error code 0225 arrrrgh!

Discussion in 'Computer Help' started by lakedude, Dec 5, 2012.

1. lakedude

lakedude Golden Member

Got an old system that had a bad MB so I replaced the MB with a new one. The new one is newer so it needed a new CPU and DDR3 RAM as well.

Got it all together and it works fine from live CD. Turns out DVD's don't work because the thing is so old it lacks a DVD player. Ordered and installed a DVD player.

Finally got around to trying to make Windows XP work and now it looks like the HD is bad as well!

GParted refused to copy the partition claiming too many errors. Ran a disk check in Windows and it completed without any notifications. After the disk check Gparted still refused to clone the partition claiming errors once again.

Ran Ultimate Boot and Western Digital DLGDIAG 5.19 quick check and the drive passed however the full scan errors out with code 0225.

Now what?

The drive is toast, right?

2. Loading...