DLC=the Republican wing of the democratic Party?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Howie took a swipe Monday at some moderate democratic Party leaders, calling them the "Republican wing of the democratic Party."
<snip>
The democratic Leadership Council was founded in 1985 by Bill Clinton, Al Gore and Missouri Rep. Richard A. Gephardt, among others, to remake the democratic Party in a more centrist, competitive mold.
</snip>

Wow, this after having to spend a week trying to explain his other Clinton statements? If dean knows what's good for himself - he better be careful where he's driving and watch what park he steps foot in;):p

CkG

PS - Sorry, it's another Dean story - but hey, blame the press - it's about the only thing they are printing.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Nevermind - I guess the spin is that he was "joking".
rolleye.gif

CkG

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Nevermind - I guess the spin is that he was "joking".
rolleye.gif

CkG

I guess Lieberman didn't take it as a joke.

<snip>
Lieberman responded: "He's a candidate for president of the United States, he's a candidate for commander in chief of the armed forces. This is just one of a series of what I would call impulsive, ill-advised and sometimes irresponsible statements Howard Dean has made.

"I love to joke, but people can tell when I'm joking," Lieberman said.

The DLC wasn't amused, either.

"It's a cheap shot not just at us, but at former DLC chairmen like Bill Clinton, Dick Gephardt, and Joe Lieberman, along with hundreds of hard-working Democratic elected officials around the country who are part of our movement," a statement on the council's Web site said Tuesday. "It also illustrates why we've worried about Dean's loose-lipped approach all along."
</snip>

CkG