DIY speakers, 90% done

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Only thing left to do is stuff 'em, seal 'em and paint 'em. I'm pleased, sound good for my first "real" project from scratch, considering it's my 3rd ever. Total cost is about 150.

picture

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Nope, not a kit, designed 100% from scratch by yours truly. I used some formulas from the web, but thats "common" knowlage. The box, drivers, and crossover were my brain-children. Flat black paint and then i'm going to call it a day, i still need a center channel, so that's probably my next project.

Joker81

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2000
with the money saved on the speakers maybe you should invest in a better monitor. ;P

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
cool, i used to use a pair of home-built that my dad built in the 70's. pretty clear, but not much bass reponse.

just curious, why do you have like a foot of cabinet over the tweeter?

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: thomsbrain
cool, i used to use a pair of home-built that my dad built in the 70's. pretty clear, but not much bass reponse.

Maybe it needs some baffle room. Not deep enough, I suppose. I'm no audiophile, so I wouldn't know what I'm talking about. :)

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Originally posted by: thomsbrain

hah it's about 6 inches only. It's cause i needed more volume in the cabinet, and the place i was putting them, i could only have them so wide and so deep, my only other option was to go up ;-)