Divinity: Original Sin 2 Anyone tried it yet?

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
When I played the first D:OS, I couldn't put it down. I played it through once, then waited about a month for some patches and content updates to arrive, then played it through a few (five or six) more times. I thought D:OS2 was going to be released in February, but I guess it was just opened to Early Access which I refuse to buy into since I'd rather play a finished version.

However, the Steam reviews are overwhelmingly positive which I actually wasn't expecting and a lot of people who are playing the beta have said they can't get enough of it. So I'm curious if anyone here has played the beta/Early Access and what they thought of the game so far.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
I played it early on - haven't played with the latest patches. This one is much more story driven and refined than the first. having played the first 3 or 4 times; I found the story at best boring and teh game didn't scale well - i think this new one will be signficiantly better in both areas.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
The story in the first game was a bit sketchy and most of the time I found myself just pushing through the dialogue so I could keep fighting enemies. At one point, I just obliterated everything I came across (towns and all) which was also pretty fun.