Dissapointed with Guinness draught in a bottle

Nov 18, 2003
Just picked some up hoping to suckle divine spirits from it's black teet and it's horrible, I'll stick with red-stripe.

It's like heinaken but super bitter.

ViperXX

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2001
Poor it in a glass and let the head form. Then drink it.

Might still be bitter (for you) but still enjoyable.

Tastes nothing like Heineken.

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
which bandwagon is this? ones a stout and ones a cheap lager... its about as different as can be. bitter is the last adjective i'd use to describe guinness draught.. maybe you got the bitter draft (but it only comes in a can) or ur buds r off

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: ThunderbirdElitist
Originally posted by: LS20
how is guinness anything like heineken?

you don't think it tastes like a super bitter heinakin?

OH I forgot everyone just sackrides bandwagons around here.

I enjoy both Heineken and Guinness, and I think that they have distinct tastes. I don't want to jump the gun here, but if someone is used to drinking Bud Lite and Miller Lite, then I can understand that they would find both Guinness and Heineken "bitter" tasting, because they are not used to drinking these types of beers.

ViperXX

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2001
Not that there is anything wrong with Heineken. I'm drinking it now.

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002

Your name suits you. Everyone has different tastes. Personally I don't think it tastes like super bitter Heineken, and while I prefer a tap to the draught in a bottle, I still like the draught.

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Hahahaha you're complaining that guiness is bitter? You just bought it because you have no idea what a stout is and wanted to taste for yourself what the big deal about Guiness is, didn't you?

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
OMG! SOMEONE FINALLY AGREES WITH ME!

Guiness Draught is the nastiest beer EVAR!

King Cobra all the way.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001

So, despite the fact that I had my first Guinness at 12, and its been my favorite beer since then, I'm obviously riding a bandwagon. Your insight blinds me... oh, wait, thats the smell of BS making my eyes water. N/m.

Anyway, if you get an old six-pack, it can be skunky. Try getting a six from a place that runs through their stock fairly quickly. Get another one from another store, OR go to an pub around you that serves Guinness and get the real stuff. Ignore this paragraph if you have ever had Guinness before and are just disappointed that the bottles dont taste like keg Guinness.

Its better from the keg, but the draught bottles are a huge step up from the Extra Stout bottles (unless you can get really fresh extra stout bottles, in which case its just a big step up, not huge... and its hard to get really fresh bottles).

ViperXX

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2001
You want to to taste skunky? Drink Corona Light extra then switch to another beer. Damn I did it one night and damn it was nasty...

It was like sucking on Pepe La Pues Ass.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: edro13
OMG! SOMEONE FINALLY AGREES WITH ME!

Guiness Draught is the nastiest beer EVAR!

King Cobra all the way.

So, you call Guinness nasty, then claim some MALT LIQUOR made by Anheuser-Busch to be better? I'm sorry, but the best thing AB makes is Killians, and Killians isnt very good, especially compared to Guinness.

ViperXX

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2001
Guinness draught is some good sh!t!!

If It didn't cost so much I'd buy it every night.

ViperXX

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2001
Freaking beer is cool!!

It makes me drunk and gives me that urge to listen to country music.

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Originally posted by: ThaGrandCow
Guiness from a bottle is still supposed to be poured into a glass before drinking.
Guinness draught in a bottle is meant to be consumed from a bottle. Extra stout in a bottle and draught cans are both meant to be poured. The canned guinness draught is better than the bottles draught. Extra stout is a nice change of pace.

The comparison is bad though, its like man this steak tastes nothing like that dirt.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
I kind of think Guinness tastes like bitter coffee. :D

edit: I'm not a big beer aficianado. For getting drunk, I don't mind drinking cheap beer. I enjoy Dundee's Honey Brown and Shiner.

minus1972

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2000
first time I had a guiness was straight from the can and I hated it. Decided to give it another go recently after reading that it should first be slow poured into a glass and I love the stuff now.

JBAR

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 1999
Get the Guinness in the can. It comes with a widget that releases gas to aid carbonation.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: JBAR
Get the Guinness in the can. It comes with a widget that releases gas to aid carbonation.

So do the Guinness Draught bottles, though the widget shape is different.