Displayport problem. Anyone know what's going on?

geogan

Nov 8, 2013
I'm having severe problems still trying to get working 7990 through it's displayport outputs to DVI monitor using active displayport adapters. I thought it was broken adapter so I bought a new one - Sapphire Eyefinity approved one - and it is behaving in exactly the same way. Screens going on and off and Eyefinity completely failing. Also 3DMark failing too when it starts test saying display had changed.

This is what happens when I try and run the 3DMark Firestrike benchmark when the Radeon HD7990 card is connected to the Dell monitor using an Active Mini-displayport to DVI adapter.

Notice the Catalyst Control Centre says Displayport for the monitor connection.

Using ATI 13.11 beta 8 drivers but happened in previous driver versions too.

As soon as test starts the monitor loses video signal and goes to power save mode - Firestrake returns to Windows with failure error about display changing.

AMD 7990 Active Mini-Displayport Adapter problem (YOUTUBE VIDEO)

http://*********/ozXot74UPE8

This is what happens when I try and run the 3DMark Firestrike benchmark when the Radeon HD7990 card is connected to the Dell monitor using a PASSIVE (non Active) Mini-displayport to DVI adapter.

Notice the Catalyst Control Centre says DVI for the monitor connection.

Using ATI 13.11 beta 8 drivers but happened in previous driver versions too.

Monitor does NOT lose video signal and go to power save mode - Firestrake returns as normal without error about display changing.

AMD 7990 Passive Mini-Displayport Adapter no problem (YOUTUBE VIDEO)

NO OTHER CHANGES BETWEEN THESE TWO RUNS ONLY SWAPPED ADAPTER IN TO CARD

Last edited:

geogan

Nov 8, 2013
Right this site is not letting me actually link to the youtube videos because presumably I might be some dangerous internet spammer so I don't know but the links are as below... stick youtube.com before them...

watch?v=ozXot74UPE8

watch?v=AsKF7D80iAs

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
Right this site is not letting me actually link to the youtube videos because presumably I might be some dangerous internet spammer so I don't know but the links are as below... stick youtube.com before them...

watch?v=ozXot74UPE8

watch?v=AsKF7D80iAs

I have no idea regarding your issue. I will say the the forum doesnt allow youtu dot be addresses, but youtube.com should be fine.