Question display settings

sussertown

Jan 26, 2004
Got a new LG monitor. Looks like it's working correctly but I can't get the settings to change to this monitor is my default. It's grayed out. I have windows 11. I've tried repeatedly.

SteinFG

Dec 29, 2021
Got a new LG monitor. Looks like it's working correctly but I can't get the settings to change to this monitor is my default. It's grayed out. I have windows 11. I've tried repeatedly.
Did you connect all monitors with the same type of cable (HDMI/DP) or different?

sussertown

Jan 26, 2004
Did you try booting with the other monitor disconnected?
So, the two monitors are connected with 2 different cable types. One is hdmi and the other is serial. I tried two different hdmi converter cables and could not get the old monitor to light up so I went back to serial. They both work but the old monitor says its not detected in settings and the change to default position is grayed out. I can just leave it alone.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
So, the two monitors are connected with 2 different cable types. One is hdmi and the other is serial. I tried two different hdmi converter cables and could not get the old monitor to light up so I went back to serial. They both work but the old monitor says its not detected in settings and the change to default position is grayed out. I can just leave it alone.
Serial? You mean VGA? DVI?

Viewer

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
You don't say what your computer is. I'd check the display adapter control panel and make the changes from there. Go into this app (i.e. Nvidia, AMD, Intel) and adjust the default monitor.