Dispatch - any fans?

timosyy

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2003
Wikipedia

Just wondering cause I love this band, but whenever I'm comparing musical tastes with someone (friends, recent acquaintances, etc.), pretty much no one knows them. Their music has some folk, rock, funk influences and their concerts are just like big jam sessions with an audience.

Some youtube links (all from live concerts):

Dispatch - The General (One of their better known ones? People I talk to who don't know the band often say the song sounds familiar)

Dispatch - Passerby (Nice reggae-ish song, theres a part around 2:45 where they just stand around in a circle facing each other & jam for while).

Dispatch - Even (some rock influences)

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Yep seen them live a few time, great shows every time, whish they were still activily making music

saw them when they played their last show in sumerville, man that was excellent

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: michaels
Wow I have never heard of them, they sound pretty good. I will check them out for sure.

yea alot of people havent, which is supprizing, they sold out 3 shows at MSG this summer in about 20 min, i wish i could have gone to that

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
It's nice to hear bands like this in the sea of shit that is music now. This one board I am on everyone was raving about a band called hotel milk honey or something similiar...it was horrid. I hope that band isn't what's considered hot today.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: michaels
It's nice to hear bands like this in the sea of shit that is music now. This one board I am on everyone was raving about a band called hotel milk honey or something similiar...it was horrid. I hope that band isn't what's considered hot today.

if you like them you would prob also like OAR and Guster, similary styles of music, same general feel, just youtube them up, sure they have stuff there

E equals MC2

Banned
Apr 16, 2006
I used to be sunday school teacher for HS kids when I was in college.

We were ALL into Dispatch. Whenever we'd hang out, they'd get together and play Dispatch with their band skills... bass, singing, drums, guitar...

They are the Boston pride baby!