Disparate police treatment - A fight, Two Kids, One "White" One "Black". Only one gets arrested.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
He would also be considered "colored" by many on the left.
So if any of the “racism” projections from the left had any validity, they would have gone for him too cause he “colored” too?
You cant possibly be this idiotic. Trumpboy.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
He would also be considered "colored" by many on the left.

You know when you fill out surveys that ask for race they often explicitly say "white (non-hiapanic)" central and South America was heavily colonized by Europeans as well. A very large number of people from those countries look "white" especially when said person is in fast moving physical altercation with a clearly black person.

Also, there is a difference between skin tone and race. In a slower paced interaction, like a traffic stop or job application, the Latino or middle eastern person likely would also experience discrimination in the same way that Jewish people see discrimination in those settings.

Either you are a complete moron, or you are being inflammatory because your argument is so flawed, you are trying to goad people into arguments. I haven't decided which is more likely.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
So if any of the “racism” projections from the left had any validity, they would have gone for him too cause he “colored” too?
You cant possibly be this idiotic. Trumpboy.

Yes, he can and he just showed you who he was. Why refuse to accept what he says he is, shown by his own words and actions?

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Yes, he can and he just showed you who he was. Why refuse to accept what he says he is, shown by his own words and actions?

I've said before that I really don't know why the latino kid wasn't arrested as well....maybe the police just saw the black kid throw the first punch and that is their policy. Most of the time charges can be applied at a later time. The police will take their time and mull charges after watching videos and getting statements.

I will still reserve judgement until all the facts are in.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I've said before that I really don't know why the latino kid wasn't arrested as well....maybe the police just saw the black kid throw the first punch and that is their policy. Most of the time charges can be applied at a later time. The police will take their time and mull charges after watching videos and getting statements.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahhahahaahahahaahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahaahhahhahahaaahahhaahahahahaaahahhaahahahahahhaahahahahaahahahahahahahh...help I`ve fallen and i can`t get up.....I was laughing too hard!!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

We've all seen the video. Keep clutching your pearls.

In case you think pointing out the disparate treatment is misplaced, find me just ONE example for the same crime white people are punished more. By crime I mean a violation of the CJS.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
exactly!! What he is doing is taking a page out of Trumps playbook...they are both fine people.......instead he is twisting it to -- no harm done!! They are both people of color......lolol

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
A video clip like that, how are those cops going to explain themselves over that one.

Curious minds would like to know.

The only defense I can think of is that it's the difference between the male officer's response and a female officer's response, where the female officer went to break up the fight, but the male went full aggression, tackling and pinning. The female officer then got obligated to assist her partner.

Not a great defense, but which makes it more gender based than race based...but yeah.

Still terrible that you have wildly different responses to same incident. Doesn't speak well to training regardless.

Nov 29, 2006
The only defense I can think of is that it's the difference between the male officer's response and a female officer's response, where the female officer went to break up the fight, but the male went full aggression, tackling and pinning. The female officer then got obligated to assist her partner.

Not a great defense, but which makes it more gender based than race based...but yeah.

Still terrible that you have wildly different responses to same incident. Doesn't speak well to training regardless.

Or does it? Inquiring minds want to know.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Or does it? Inquiring minds want to know.

They can answer what their protocol is. Are they supposed to use that much force in that situation?

Was the proper response to have both on the ground, pinned and in handcuffs, or should they have pulled apart then detained them just verbally?

Can't be both. Who fucked up?

Imo for a couple of dumb teenagers in a fist fight at the mall, grappling and handcuffing seems over the top, regardless of color.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Not sure if this is true as I don't see any verification but, according to this article, the mother of the black child was told she would have to pay for the damage to a table caused by the police when they arrested him. Not good optics. A bit of adding insult to injury.

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
In case you think pointing out the disparate treatment is misplaced, find me just ONE example for the same crime white people are punished more. By crime I mean a violation of the CJS.

I would be shocked/fascinated to find that here is a crime that white people are punished for at a disproportionate amount. I'm not saying we can't find some one-off rare crime...it's just that black people are almost universally punished for crime at a higher rate than white people.

Reactions: HomerJS

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
There is a less-than-zero chance the last scenario ends with one or both shot.

Almost happened at a mall near my house. Black kid fighting black kid and one of them flipped a table and used a broom as a weapon. The table crashed into the floor, someone saw the broom and yelled “gun” and everyone (I mean EVERYONE in the mall—even in anchor stores nowhere near the food court) starts running outside.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Not sure if this is true as I don't see any verification but, according to this article, the mother of the black child was told she would have to pay for the damage to a table caused by the police when they arrested him. Not good optics. A bit of adding insult to injury.

I read THAT Article too! In and of itself Security has no power to compel that lady to pay for the table!!