Disk space usage

Dorkenstein

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2004
Here's where I am at. I got a Velociraptor 300gb drive for my OS and games, at least that's the plan. However, my steam folder, as of this post, is at 41 or so gigabytes. And that's with not all of my games installed.

Would it be reckless, in terms of disk usage, to dump 41 gb of games on to the Velociraptor right off the bat? With the size of today's games wouldn't I run out pretty fast? I know Steam games would probably benefit from the faster access times so I probably should do it, I just want to hear some other opinions from people who maybe faced the same thing. Thanks very much.

Dorkenstein

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2004
True, I guess I just wanted it to not be maxed out for a while since I have games other than in steam. Other question, if I have my OS on the Velociraptor, should I keep the page file there also or put it on a slower drive?

yh125d

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2006
I think I remember hearing something about having the paging file on a drive separate from the OS drive, but not sure what the implications would be moving it from a raptor OS drive to a normal drive. I imagine it's still a good idea