• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

dishnetwork hd

sonoma1993

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
Anyone in here have the dishnetwork HD programming? I'm thinking about upgrading my current dishnetwork service to the hd service. How much does it cost? does the hd program cost get added onto the standard program cost(dish top 120 for example), or is it a totally separate package deal?

jimmyjam

Mar 4, 2002
I had it in the past until I moved to a new apartment that has a big tree blocking the view. I paid about $100/month which included all of the premium channels and all of the HD channels. I had almost 30 HD channels and I loved it. Now I'm stuck with cable which has about 10 HD channels and costs way more.

mzkhadir

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2003
Originally posted by: sonoma1993
Anyone in here have the dishnetwork HD programming? I'm thinking about upgrading my current dishnetwork service to the hd service. How much does it cost? does the hd program cost get added onto the standard program cost(dish top 120 for example), or is it a totally separate package deal?
you will have to get dish hd bronze, silver or gold depending on what channels you will want plus the cost of the dvr.

Blayze

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
I think there is a $99 upgrade that gets you a non-dvr hd receiver. I'm sure they have one for the dual tuner dvr as well.

You will get a new dish, or possibly a second dish depending on what satellites you need for programming. 129 and 61.5 have hd. HD locals are on 110, 118, 129, or 61.5 depending on where you live.

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
Whwen I signed up the hd packages all had the same thing except for National Geographic HD, which was nly available on the highest HD package

ASK THE COMMUNITY