Rant Disgusting!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Yes, if the government is responsible for harm, that is one thing. If people are disabled due to no fault of the government, that is obviously another.

I will say I highly doubt these people will receive 7 figures. I find that extremely questionable.

Payouts are extremely generous even in cases where they are still completely able-bodied. And even worse is how many of them occur because the one compensated is doing something criminal/stupid. Why should I care much more? And then the government obviously ignore issues that would involve many people e.g. school shootings -- if it was lax like military PTSD claims, all the students should get a PTSD check every month and be able to still have a career.

The harm is from 90- IQ dipshits like yourself wanting to believe you're better that someone with a 100+ IQ just because of your skin color.

Haha, btw, what exactly is wrong with the compensation? Isn't that what "equity" is suppose to look like?

Tom Woods on Twitter: "80 full-time diversity bureaucrats at the University of Michigan. That's perfectly normal, and not deranged (or a con) at all https://t.co/1Tmml5rScL" / Twitter

No, no states have anything like Prop 13. Because Prop 13 is stupid. No one is being taxed out of their home. That myth needs to stop. These people bought a house for $35k that's now worth $3.5mm, which they could cash out at any time. And those teachers, police, fire, etc are living on some insane CALPERS or CALSTRS full pension, with crazy generous COLAs, and are trying to evade the same taxes everyone else pays by complaining about how rich they are. Seriously.

I didn't say it was the only reason, I said it was the real reason. PPB wouldn't have any budgetary problems to begin with if the average officer compensation package wasn't $200k+/yr with full lifetime retirement benefits. FFS, the fire and police pension fund is literally the city's biggest single expense. And what do the good people of Portland get for their money? A police that would rather play politics than do their jobs.

Hey dickless fucktard, I actually live here, and I can tell you with certainty that the last thing the PPB cares about is keeping the people safe. All they really care about is ripping off the taxpayers by double-dipping their pensions before they actually retire and virtue signaling to useful idiots like you so you help them to keep getting away with the first one.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
No, dude @Maxima1 .. the problem is that a 90-something IQ dipshit like yourself believes they are entitled to similar compensation as those with greater merit.

And there's nothing you posted there that I don't still stand behind. People like use identity to apologize for incompetence, and use corrupt authority to enforce it. In a true meritocracy you would be irrelevant, which ironically is your biggest grievance.

Oh hey, on that last bit.. I actually had a real life issue with the Portland Police over an issue of vandalism at my wife's business, and they told me they wouldn't do anything about it because liberals don't deserve any protection of the laws. Right to my face.
So fuck you.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: dank69

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
No, dude @Maxima1 .. the problem is that a 90-something IQ dipshit like yourself believes they are entitled to similar compensation as those with greater merit.

You got mad because I thought a payment like the OP is excessive. Haha, what a hypocrite.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I don't like Trump but he sent the right message on illegal immigration.

The right message being "if you walk across a line without the appropriate paperwork, we will take your children from you indefinitely"?

How many other bureaucratic crimes would you like to see punished in this way?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
You got mad because I thought a payment like the OP is excessive. Haha, what a hypocrite.
That's a really odd spin on your argument that certain persons should not be allowed their 1a right to petition.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The right message being "if you walk across a line without the appropriate paperwork, we will take your children from you indefinitely"?

Not to mention that the kids were harmed more than the parents, and the kids had little or no say in the matter.

Reactions: mikeymikec

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Regardless if you think this (if true) is justified or not.

If they make these reparation payments at the rate posted in the OP, I think that it will not go over too well with the American public. With the elections approaching and the other issues such as inflation, the ports backing up, gasoline prices, Shortages at the supermarkets... on and on. The Democrats will probably pay a price on election day if they don't reverse course on some of these issues.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013

If they make these reparation payments at the rate posted in the OP, I think that it will not go over too well with the American public. With the elections approaching and the other issues such as inflation, the ports backing up, gasoline prices, Shortages at the supermarkets... on and on. The Democrats will probably pay a price on election day if they don't reverse course on some of these issues.

The funny part is if they individually went to trial, I could see a jury wanting to reward them with more. The sky is the limit with this stuff.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
And to think, america used to hold aspirations of fighting for human rights. Guess that isn't really a thing for much of our population anymore.

Reactions: sandorski

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Oh…..I see you are already using another one of the conservative trigger words. You voted for the incompetence they put the government in the position of having to pay not once but twice. If only there was a way to levy a special tax to pay for settlements for the Trump administration’s illegal behavior on those who voted for him.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
And to think, america used to hold aspirations of fighting for human rights. Guess that isn't really a thing for much of our population anymore.
Human rights are only for white citizens. Guess we know who conservatives consider to be actual humans.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Oh…..I see you are already using another one of the conservative trigger words. You voted for the incompetence they put the government in the position of having to pay not once but twice. If only there was a way to levy a special tax to pay for settlements for the Trump administration’s illegal behavior on those who voted for him.

It's ok, he's just trolling.

Making up for human rights violations perpetrated under that last admin should be a selling point. Trump, his admin, his voters all are responsible for their shitty behavior. You know, personal responsibility and all that.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

You know something is wrong when it's better to be illegal than a hard working born in country person....

National Debt = 29 Trillion!!!

Moved from OT.
admin allisolm

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump's psychological abuse of those children, doesn't end up creating a few Jeff Dahmers or John Wayne Gacys. And of course, the MAGAts will blame it on "those damn illegals".

In your world, it's a damn shame Stevie Miller didn't get those ovens installed in time, isn't it? :rolleyes:

1635503323284.jpeg

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

And that’s the real issue here, for you, isn’t it? It’s not the fact that the trump admin did something highly illegal and very anti human rights and we are now paying for his disastrous policy, it’s that now this will be used for political gain by the right.

Fuck human rights and the rule of law! Let’s get those Dems for trying to clean up Republican shit policies!!

Tell me, which party will you be voting for in the up coming elections again?

Thanks for your concern, you are a real patriot!/s

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I don't like Trump but he sent the right message on illegal immigration. Biden has been a disaster.

Also Biden doesn't have to settle the lawsuits but he's such a WIMP he will fold. Democrats always fold.
Who wants to bet OP has never once in his life been affected negatively by any illegal immigrant?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

Asylum seekers don’t even need paperwork. They simply need to enter and declare their intention. The law was written with the understanding that asylum seekers would likely have nothing but the shirts on their backs when they arrive.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Buying votes for the 2030+ elections after they become citizens. Nah evil lib plan to get 2022 votes!!!!!!!!!

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Has an adult gone through the details of this weekend news nugget yet?

Nowadays, you can judge a person by the food they eat, the words they say and the sources of the information that they consume.
As many of you probably picked up from the leading link, this is one of THOSE threads.
FYI: If the link you provide as a source is so shitty that it shows up on this list (which is tip of the iceberg) https://www.factcheck.org/2017/07/websites-post-fake-satirical-stories/ then....well. I'll just leave it at that.

I'm sure OP thought that tossing the additional Dailymail link would be something to do...which is kinda sad in itself.

Reactions: dank69

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
One common theme I have noticed among conservatives is a complete lack of empathy, and the ability to show (or only feign) empathy only for people who look like them/they relate to.

They consume media that dehumanizes "others" so often, that they cannot form any empathy whatsoever for those "others."

The OP's issue here is he does not relate to the people here who suffered because he's been propagandized into seeing them as less than human. Less than himself. Compensating them for pain and suffering resulting from inhuman and illegal abuse is as absurd to him as compensating a cow for how they are treated at a slaughterhouse.

The way around this would be to ask them what they would expect if the same thing happened to them.

OP, what would you want if your kids were separated from you by brute force, suffered under severe inhumane conditions FOR YEARS (and maybe even died)?

What would be just compensation for YEARS of separation from, and inhumane abuse of YOUR CHILDREN?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
One common theme I have noticed among conservatives is a complete lack of empathy, and the ability to show (or only feign) empathy only for people who look like them/they relate to.

They consume media that dehumanizes "others" so often, that they cannot form any empathy whatsoever for those "others."

The OP's issue here is he does not relate to the people here who suffered because he's been propagandized into seeing them as less than human. Less than himself. Compensating them for pain and suffering resulting from inhuman and illegal abuse is as absurd to him as compensating a cow for how they are treated at a slaughterhouse.

The way around this would be to ask them what they would expect if the same thing happened to them.

OP, what would you want if your kids were separated from you by brute force, suffered under severe inhumane conditions FOR YEARS (and maybe even died)?

What would be just compensation for YEARS of separation from, and inhumane abuse of YOUR CHILDREN?

I think it often goes well beyond a lack of empathy into legitimate sadism.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
One common theme I have noticed among conservatives is a complete lack of empathy. And the ability to show (or only feign) empathy only for people who look like them.

I appreciate the "now imagine they were white" defense from A Time to Kill but my money is on cognitive dissonance preventing @13Gigatons from actually examining his deeply held beliefs in that manner. I also doubt he has kids because any parent should be able to understand what you are saying intuitively, without it needing to be spelled out, so even spelling it out is unlikely to get through.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I think it often goes well beyond a lack of empathy into legitimate sadism.

I can see why you would say that when the driving forces behind the current movement is focused on boogeymen that reside in the United States.